Post Office closure
SIR — In response to the closure of the Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden, I wonder if the people who made this decision have elderly people in their family? Do they have any one directly affected by this? Would they have made a different
SIR - In response to the closure of the Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden, I wonder if the people who made this decision have elderly people in their family? Do they have any one directly affected by this? Would they have made a different decision if they had?
Some of the pensioners who use this facility on a weekly basis do so because it is part of their social life and is in some cases the only time they get to chat to old friends they otherwise may not see.
How would the decision-makers feel if their grandmother or father, had to then walk two or maybe three miles into Harpenden town centre and back again with shopping just to get their pensions? I don't think that the people who made this decision would be happy if it was their parents.
So next time they get in their cars and drive to Harpenden town centre, they should think of those elderly men and women who simply can't get in the car and drive. You are forcing them not only to go further but to walk it too.
You may also want to watch:
They may feel the difference in the weather right now so imagine having to walk into the town centre and carry back shopping in the freeezing cold and when pouring with rain. They should think of that next time in their cars.
So many people are disappointed with their decision. I can only hope they change their mind and I would ask them to please reconsider.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 8 countries added to UK green travel list
Fulmore Close, Harpenden.