Post Office closure
SIR — In response to the closure of the Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden, I wonder if the people who made this decision have elderly people in their family? Do they have any one directly affected by this? Would they have made a different
SIR - In response to the closure of the Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden, I wonder if the people who made this decision have elderly people in their family? Do they have any one directly affected by this? Would they have made a different decision if they had?
Some of the pensioners who use this facility on a weekly basis do so because it is part of their social life and is in some cases the only time they get to chat to old friends they otherwise may not see.
How would the decision-makers feel if their grandmother or father, had to then walk two or maybe three miles into Harpenden town centre and back again with shopping just to get their pensions? I don't think that the people who made this decision would be happy if it was their parents.
So next time they get in their cars and drive to Harpenden town centre, they should think of those elderly men and women who simply can't get in the car and drive. You are forcing them not only to go further but to walk it too.
They may feel the difference in the weather right now so imagine having to walk into the town centre and carry back shopping in the freeezing cold and when pouring with rain. They should think of that next time in their cars.
So many people are disappointed with their decision. I can only hope they change their mind and I would ask them to please reconsider.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
Fulmore Close, Harpenden.