SIR – On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother s Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive. On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a lette
SIR - On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother's Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive.
On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a letter waiting for me to collect from them, with �1.08 to pay.
When I collected it I asked why it had taken them so long to tell me that the letter was waiting, and I was told there were so many incorrectly stamped they had only now had time to inform me.
Apparently this role is passed to postman who are unable to go on their rounds through maybe a sprained ankle and as each card has to be written out by hand, this is a labour intensive job, and these cards get sent out when they have the time and resources.
You may also want to watch:
My card was marked 149, so I therefore assume there were at least 150 mothers like myself who were disappointed not to receive a card for Mother's Day, have had to wait up to 10 days to find out they had not been forgotten, and then had to pay for the privilege of receiving their belated greetings.
Shame on the Post Office.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
Handley Gate, Bricket Wood