SIR – On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother s Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive. On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a lette
SIR - On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother's Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive.
On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a letter waiting for me to collect from them, with �1.08 to pay.
When I collected it I asked why it had taken them so long to tell me that the letter was waiting, and I was told there were so many incorrectly stamped they had only now had time to inform me.
Apparently this role is passed to postman who are unable to go on their rounds through maybe a sprained ankle and as each card has to be written out by hand, this is a labour intensive job, and these cards get sent out when they have the time and resources.
You may also want to watch:
My card was marked 149, so I therefore assume there were at least 150 mothers like myself who were disappointed not to receive a card for Mother's Day, have had to wait up to 10 days to find out they had not been forgotten, and then had to pay for the privilege of receiving their belated greetings.
Shame on the Post Office.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Author explores city's hidden history
- 6 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
Handley Gate, Bricket Wood