SIR – On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother s Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive. On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a lette
SIR - On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother's Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive.
On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a letter waiting for me to collect from them, with �1.08 to pay.
When I collected it I asked why it had taken them so long to tell me that the letter was waiting, and I was told there were so many incorrectly stamped they had only now had time to inform me.
Apparently this role is passed to postman who are unable to go on their rounds through maybe a sprained ankle and as each card has to be written out by hand, this is a labour intensive job, and these cards get sent out when they have the time and resources.
You may also want to watch:
My card was marked 149, so I therefore assume there were at least 150 mothers like myself who were disappointed not to receive a card for Mother's Day, have had to wait up to 10 days to find out they had not been forgotten, and then had to pay for the privilege of receiving their belated greetings.
Shame on the Post Office.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 6 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 7 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 8 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
Handley Gate, Bricket Wood