SIR – On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother s Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive. On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a lette
SIR - On March 12 this year, my son sent me a Mother's Day card, which was posted in Colchester, but alas he put insufficient postage on it and therefore it did not arrive.
On March 22, I received a card from the Post Office informing me there was a letter waiting for me to collect from them, with �1.08 to pay.
When I collected it I asked why it had taken them so long to tell me that the letter was waiting, and I was told there were so many incorrectly stamped they had only now had time to inform me.
Apparently this role is passed to postman who are unable to go on their rounds through maybe a sprained ankle and as each card has to be written out by hand, this is a labour intensive job, and these cards get sent out when they have the time and resources.
You may also want to watch:
My card was marked 149, so I therefore assume there were at least 150 mothers like myself who were disappointed not to receive a card for Mother's Day, have had to wait up to 10 days to find out they had not been forgotten, and then had to pay for the privilege of receiving their belated greetings.
Shame on the Post Office.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Handley Gate, Bricket Wood