Plus ca change
SIR – I am pleased to report that First Capital Connect (Thameslink) services are now back to normal as at 11 February 2010. On the same day that your article Judge us on our actions was published the service fell into chaos because of: 1. Signal fail
SIR - I am pleased to report that First Capital Connect (Thameslink) services are now back to normal as at 11 February 2010.
On the same day that your article 'Judge us on our actions' was published the service fell into chaos because of:
1. Signal failure in Croydon;
2. Multiple signal failures at Blackfriars;
You may also want to watch:
3. Points problems at Kentish Town;
4. Four-carriage trains running during the rush hour instead of eight (despite recent promises to the contrary). Eight-carriage services running empty (out of service) through the station whilst passengers are three deep in line on the platform;
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 8 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
5. Train information boards not working;
6. Trains running late;
7. No apologies from staff or drivers;
8. No information from drivers as to which stations a particular service is calling at;
9. Drivers do, however, always sound out the helpful "Move right down inside the carriages");
10. Heating not working on the trains.
It's great to see FCC back to their normal service! It just wouldn't be the same if going to and from London wasn't a daily stress-filled battle.
High Firs Crescent, Harpenden