Plus ca change
SIR – I am pleased to report that First Capital Connect (Thameslink) services are now back to normal as at 11 February 2010. On the same day that your article Judge us on our actions was published the service fell into chaos because of: 1. Signal fail
SIR - I am pleased to report that First Capital Connect (Thameslink) services are now back to normal as at 11 February 2010.
On the same day that your article 'Judge us on our actions' was published the service fell into chaos because of:
1. Signal failure in Croydon;
2. Multiple signal failures at Blackfriars;
You may also want to watch:
3. Points problems at Kentish Town;
4. Four-carriage trains running during the rush hour instead of eight (despite recent promises to the contrary). Eight-carriage services running empty (out of service) through the station whilst passengers are three deep in line on the platform;
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 5 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 6 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 7 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
5. Train information boards not working;
6. Trains running late;
7. No apologies from staff or drivers;
8. No information from drivers as to which stations a particular service is calling at;
9. Drivers do, however, always sound out the helpful "Move right down inside the carriages");
10. Heating not working on the trains.
It's great to see FCC back to their normal service! It just wouldn't be the same if going to and from London wasn't a daily stress-filled battle.
High Firs Crescent, Harpenden