Plus ca change
SIR – I am pleased to report that First Capital Connect (Thameslink) services are now back to normal as at 11 February 2010. On the same day that your article Judge us on our actions was published the service fell into chaos because of: 1. Signal fail
SIR - I am pleased to report that First Capital Connect (Thameslink) services are now back to normal as at 11 February 2010.
On the same day that your article 'Judge us on our actions' was published the service fell into chaos because of:
1. Signal failure in Croydon;
2. Multiple signal failures at Blackfriars;
You may also want to watch:
3. Points problems at Kentish Town;
4. Four-carriage trains running during the rush hour instead of eight (despite recent promises to the contrary). Eight-carriage services running empty (out of service) through the station whilst passengers are three deep in line on the platform;
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
5. Train information boards not working;
6. Trains running late;
7. No apologies from staff or drivers;
8. No information from drivers as to which stations a particular service is calling at;
9. Drivers do, however, always sound out the helpful "Move right down inside the carriages");
10. Heating not working on the trains.
It's great to see FCC back to their normal service! It just wouldn't be the same if going to and from London wasn't a daily stress-filled battle.
High Firs Crescent, Harpenden