Play area praise
SIR – Regarding the Vision for play area , (Herts Advertiser, February 18). Harpenden Town Council is very proud of the new play area which is currently being constructed on town council land, for the benefit of the Batford community. This project is an
SIR - Regarding the 'Vision for play area', (Herts Advertiser, February 18).
Harpenden Town Council is very proud of the new play area which is currently being constructed on town council land, for the benefit of the Batford community.
This project is an excellent example of partnership working with all three tiers of local government and a local community group.
County, district and the town council have worked with the Batford Community Action Group (BCAG) to realise this youth facility.
You may also want to watch:
The principal funding for the park is from the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) via the Playbuilder scheme, Harpenden Town Council and the Harpenden Trust.
The town council and the BCAG worked tirelessly to attract further investment to ensure the park meets the needs and aspirations of the local community.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 8 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 9 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
I am grateful to the Hertfordshire Police Authority, Cllr Bernard Lloyd through his Locality Budget and the London Luton Airport Community Trust Fund for their support.
A grant was also received from RWE Npower Renewables.
A lot of work has been carried out by Groundwork Hertfordshire to ensure the play area design is what the community wants.
We hope this area will become a well used family area and something the residents of Batford are proud to have.
The park will be opened in Spring 2010 and is the first park in Harpenden that the town council will maintain.
The town council's campaign to improve the facilities in this area will not stop here and we hope to install a toddler area in the future.
CLLR MICHAEL C ELLIS
Harpenden Town Council