Planes and waste
SIR - I ve lived in North Harpenden for several years without noticing excessive noise from planes. Is it just me or has anyone else recently realised that we now seem to be directly under a flight path! Every few minutes a plane goes overhead, starting e
SIR - I've lived in North Harpenden for several years without noticing excessive noise from planes. Is it just me or has anyone else recently realised that we now seem to be directly under a flight path! Every few minutes a plane goes overhead, starting early in the morning until late at night - what is going on and is there anything we can do about it?
My second gripe relates to reading that the proportion of household waste being recycled is increasing. Well of course it is as we are now restricted to however many sacks can fit fortnightly into the black wheelie bin (I can only manage two to three sacks!) Try and put any more in and the binmen will take them out and leave them on the pavement for you to take to the tip (where the contents are scrutinised...).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament