Plan of the Day
We plan to celebrate this auspicious day by recreating the procession and the funfair that made the Abbey Line famous in its early years. We are also pleased to have the Bricket Wood Society put on an exhibition for the day. St Albans Festivities 11am
We plan to celebrate this auspicious day by recreating the procession and the funfair that made the Abbey Line famous in its early years. We are also pleased to have the Bricket Wood Society put on an exhibition for the day.
St Albans Festivities
11am - Dignitaries will gather at St Albans Town Hall;
11.30am - Procession will walk to St Albans Abbey Station; Scouts and Brownies will join the procession; Bells will ring at St Albans Abbey;
You may also want to watch:
12.22pm - Procession train will depart from St Albans Abbey.
Watford Junction Festivities
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
12.45pm - Plaque will be unveiled at Watford Junction.
Bricket Wood Festivities
11am until 5pm - In honour of Gray's Funfair (1889-late 1920s), we will have a mini-funfair at Bricket Wood on the green by the Fox & Hounds pub, across the road from Bricket Wood Station. There will be rides, stands and refreshments available.
In addition, there will also be the following available:
# Miniature Railway;
# Oscar the Robot from Network Rail;
# A Victorian organ grinder;
# A traction engine;
# St Albans City Band will be playing;
# Wicket Brood Morris Dancing.
At the St Stephen Parish Centre (a few metres from the funfair)
# Bricket Wood Society historical exhibition;
# Callowland (Watford) historical model railway layout;
# Locomotive Club of Great Britain will have a stand.
Commemorative tickets and postcards will also be available.
The Abbey Line Anniversary Ale will be for sale.
Oakwood Press newly-updated edition of the book about the Watford to St Albans Branch Line will also be for sale.