SIR, — Two-thirds of the pavements on Manland Avenue, Harpenden, are too dangerous to walk on because there are raised iron-works which anyone could trip over in the dark, or partially-sighted people could in daylight, dawn or dusk. There are five red war
SIR, - Two-thirds of the pavements on Manland Avenue, Harpenden, are too dangerous to walk on because there are raised iron-works which anyone could trip over in the dark, or partially-sighted people could in daylight, dawn or dusk.
There are five red warning signs in metal stating: "caution: raised ironworks" and three signs in red with the warning: "temporary footway".
Herts Highways removed the damaged pavements in late January and put in a new base. The snow between February 2 and 9 prevented them from putting in the new top surface.
At 09.05 on Tuesday I spoke to someone at Herts Highways. After taking the details, she gave me an incident number #4788 and put me through to another person in their St Albans office. I asked him why the pavement was not finished soon after February 9 and said that it should now be done immediately. He said he would find out from his colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
In superior countries such as Germany and Finland, this job would have been done better and quicker and would have been finished last week.
DR TONY HALL,
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Manland Avenue, Harpenden.