SIR – I have just read the article (Herts Advertiser, November 12) regarding Mr Phillips unhappiness with the Herts PCT. I am a self-employed locum who does some work for Mr Phillips at his Wheathampstead branch. I too have been very disappointed with t
SIR - I have just read the article (Herts Advertiser, November 12) regarding Mr Phillips' unhappiness with the Herts PCT.
I am a self-employed locum who does some work for Mr Phillips at his Wheathampstead branch.
I too have been very disappointed with the performance of the Herts PCT.
On August 13, I read a letter addressed to all pharmacists in West and North East Herts asking for my commitment to join the program for delivery of swine flu vaccination. The program requires service providers to have hepatitis B vaccination.
You may also want to watch:
This letter said: "Colleagues who do not have recognised protection against hepatitis B, who wish to express an interest in this service, should make their own arrangements for vaccination as soon as possible." In addition it stated that a payment would be made to cover the costs of this course.
I expressed my interest and went ahead and booked the vaccination with my local surgery.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
I paid their bill personally and then approached the PCT for payment.
After two unanswered emails, numerous phone calls and some two months delay I got a response from the PCT saying that: "We will be finalising the route for one community pharmacist per premises to claim up to �120 for hepatitis vaccination administration very soon."
As you can understand I am particularly upset by this as I responded to a PCT need and spent my own money, only to be told that the cash they promised was not there.
If this is an example of "the very good relationship" referred to then it is a poor way of demonstrating it.
Collett Road, Boxmoor