SIR – I have just read the article (Herts Advertiser, November 12) regarding Mr Phillips unhappiness with the Herts PCT. I am a self-employed locum who does some work for Mr Phillips at his Wheathampstead branch. I too have been very disappointed with t
SIR - I have just read the article (Herts Advertiser, November 12) regarding Mr Phillips' unhappiness with the Herts PCT.
I am a self-employed locum who does some work for Mr Phillips at his Wheathampstead branch.
I too have been very disappointed with the performance of the Herts PCT.
On August 13, I read a letter addressed to all pharmacists in West and North East Herts asking for my commitment to join the program for delivery of swine flu vaccination. The program requires service providers to have hepatitis B vaccination.
This letter said: "Colleagues who do not have recognised protection against hepatitis B, who wish to express an interest in this service, should make their own arrangements for vaccination as soon as possible." In addition it stated that a payment would be made to cover the costs of this course.
I expressed my interest and went ahead and booked the vaccination with my local surgery.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
I paid their bill personally and then approached the PCT for payment.
After two unanswered emails, numerous phone calls and some two months delay I got a response from the PCT saying that: "We will be finalising the route for one community pharmacist per premises to claim up to �120 for hepatitis vaccination administration very soon."
As you can understand I am particularly upset by this as I responded to a PCT need and spent my own money, only to be told that the cash they promised was not there.
If this is an example of "the very good relationship" referred to then it is a poor way of demonstrating it.
Collett Road, Boxmoor