SIR – I have just read the article (Herts Advertiser, November 12) regarding Mr Phillips unhappiness with the Herts PCT. I am a self-employed locum who does some work for Mr Phillips at his Wheathampstead branch. I too have been very disappointed with t
SIR - I have just read the article (Herts Advertiser, November 12) regarding Mr Phillips' unhappiness with the Herts PCT.
I am a self-employed locum who does some work for Mr Phillips at his Wheathampstead branch.
I too have been very disappointed with the performance of the Herts PCT.
On August 13, I read a letter addressed to all pharmacists in West and North East Herts asking for my commitment to join the program for delivery of swine flu vaccination. The program requires service providers to have hepatitis B vaccination.
You may also want to watch:
This letter said: "Colleagues who do not have recognised protection against hepatitis B, who wish to express an interest in this service, should make their own arrangements for vaccination as soon as possible." In addition it stated that a payment would be made to cover the costs of this course.
I expressed my interest and went ahead and booked the vaccination with my local surgery.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 5 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 6 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
I paid their bill personally and then approached the PCT for payment.
After two unanswered emails, numerous phone calls and some two months delay I got a response from the PCT saying that: "We will be finalising the route for one community pharmacist per premises to claim up to �120 for hepatitis vaccination administration very soon."
As you can understand I am particularly upset by this as I responded to a PCT need and spent my own money, only to be told that the cash they promised was not there.
If this is an example of "the very good relationship" referred to then it is a poor way of demonstrating it.
Collett Road, Boxmoor