Paying for quality
SIR - In respect of the article Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the best and the brightest people to work fo
SIR - In respect of the article 'Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs' (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the "best and the brightest" people to work for the council.
What a pity the attraction appears to have failed.
Or perhaps it's just that the council making the appointments is itself so far from "the best and brightest".
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre