Paying for quality
SIR - In respect of the article Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the best and the brightest people to work fo
SIR - In respect of the article 'Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs' (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the "best and the brightest" people to work for the council.
What a pity the attraction appears to have failed.
Or perhaps it's just that the council making the appointments is itself so far from "the best and brightest".
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area