Paying for quality
SIR - In respect of the article Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the best and the brightest people to work fo
SIR - In respect of the article 'Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs' (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the "best and the brightest" people to work for the council.
What a pity the attraction appears to have failed.
Or perhaps it's just that the council making the appointments is itself so far from "the best and brightest".
You may also want to watch:
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 9 A New York state of mind
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead