Paying for quality
SIR - In respect of the article Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the best and the brightest people to work fo
SIR - In respect of the article 'Revealed: pay packets of St Albans council bigwigs' (Herts Advertiser, June 25), Council leader Robert Donald said that the high wages and good benefits were needed to attract the "best and the brightest" people to work for the council.
What a pity the attraction appears to have failed.
Or perhaps it's just that the council making the appointments is itself so far from "the best and brightest".
You may also want to watch:
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind