SIR, — Since April there has been no official body representing the views of patients in the St Albans district. This is of concern both to the NHS Trusts who have a duty to consult patients, and to the wider public. Up and down the country, members of th
SIR, - Since April there has been no official body representing the views of patients in the St Albans district. This is of concern both to the NHS Trusts who have a duty to consult patients, and to the wider public.
Up and down the country, members of the recently-abolished Patient Forums have been meeting to consider how to continue to provide this important role as well as to represent the needs of those cared for by county Adult Care Services.
Members of the former St Albans and Harpenden Patient Forum, along with others concerned with the need for a successor body in St Albans district, have the support of St Albans District Council to hold a meeting to discuss proposals for such a body, and to invite members of the public to become actively involved.
The meeting will be held at 7pm on Tuesday, September 23, in the council chamber at the Civic Centre in St Peter's Street, St Albans.
The proposals will be explained and a question-and-answer session will follow. Representatives of local NHS Trusts and other organisations have been invited to attend but it is stressed that the meeting is not to be an opportunity to ask particular questions about local problems.
Readers who are interested in learning about the proposals, whether or not they are willing to commit themselves to joining, are welcome to attend this meeting.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
former Chair, St Albans and Harpenden Patient Forum.
St Albans GP (retired).
former Chair, West Herts Primary Care Trust.