SIR – May I offer a few words of advice to readers living in a St Albans controlled parking zone? If you are unlucky enough to have a plumbing emergency and lucky enough to secure the services of a plumber, no matter how much water may be pouring through
SIR - May I offer a few words of advice to readers living in a St Albans controlled parking zone?
If you are unlucky enough to have a plumbing emergency and lucky enough to secure the services of a plumber, no matter how much water may be pouring through your ceiling always take time out to scratch the time off a visitors' parking permit.
Unfortunately, in his haste to help us, our plumber - a stranger to the city - neglected to do so on the permit we gave him and was promptly issued with a fine.
That our appeal to parking services manager Mr S Gangadeen to take into account the extenuating circumstances was met with total intransigence was not too much of a surprise - his creative spelling of the word "Plummer", however, was.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption