SIR – May I offer a few words of advice to readers living in a St Albans controlled parking zone? If you are unlucky enough to have a plumbing emergency and lucky enough to secure the services of a plumber, no matter how much water may be pouring through
SIR - May I offer a few words of advice to readers living in a St Albans controlled parking zone?
If you are unlucky enough to have a plumbing emergency and lucky enough to secure the services of a plumber, no matter how much water may be pouring through your ceiling always take time out to scratch the time off a visitors' parking permit.
Unfortunately, in his haste to help us, our plumber - a stranger to the city - neglected to do so on the permit we gave him and was promptly issued with a fine.
That our appeal to parking services manager Mr S Gangadeen to take into account the extenuating circumstances was met with total intransigence was not too much of a surprise - his creative spelling of the word "Plummer", however, was.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten