SIR – May I offer a few words of advice to readers living in a St Albans controlled parking zone? If you are unlucky enough to have a plumbing emergency and lucky enough to secure the services of a plumber, no matter how much water may be pouring through
SIR - May I offer a few words of advice to readers living in a St Albans controlled parking zone?
If you are unlucky enough to have a plumbing emergency and lucky enough to secure the services of a plumber, no matter how much water may be pouring through your ceiling always take time out to scratch the time off a visitors' parking permit.
Unfortunately, in his haste to help us, our plumber - a stranger to the city - neglected to do so on the permit we gave him and was promptly issued with a fine.
That our appeal to parking services manager Mr S Gangadeen to take into account the extenuating circumstances was met with total intransigence was not too much of a surprise - his creative spelling of the word "Plummer", however, was.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 7 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 8 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 9 Talented Verulam Reallymoving juniors star on return to competitive cycling
- 10 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations