SIR, — I have just learnt of Herts Highways plans to remove 10 parking spaces on Verulam Road, St Albans, to install an additional zebra crossing. I am concerned that as a local resident I have not been informed or consulted about this, especially as we p
SIR, - I have just learnt of Herts Highways plans to remove 10 parking spaces on Verulam Road, St Albans, to install an additional zebra crossing.
I am concerned that as a local resident I have not been informed or consulted about this, especially as we pay parking fees to enable us to park in a space at least close to our home.
The removal of these spaces will make an already bad situation so much worse. We struggle on occasion to park in our road and often have to use the spaces at the end of Verulam Road to park.
We feel as though we are trying to do our bit by being a one-car family and now feel penalised by Herts Highways and St Albans District Council for just trying to park close to our home. I have a toddler and a baby and having to park even further away if these spaces are removed will be very difficult logistically.
You may also want to watch:
At evenings and weekends the roads around here are absolutely full to capacity with parked cars so I would like to know how Herts Highways can justify this removal and how they have been allowed to proceed with this.
MRS JULIET VOISEY,
- 1 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 8 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
Kingsbury Avenue, St Albans.