SIR, — I have just learnt of Herts Highways plans to remove 10 parking spaces on Verulam Road, St Albans, to install an additional zebra crossing. I am concerned that as a local resident I have not been informed or consulted about this, especially as we p
SIR, - I have just learnt of Herts Highways plans to remove 10 parking spaces on Verulam Road, St Albans, to install an additional zebra crossing.
I am concerned that as a local resident I have not been informed or consulted about this, especially as we pay parking fees to enable us to park in a space at least close to our home.
The removal of these spaces will make an already bad situation so much worse. We struggle on occasion to park in our road and often have to use the spaces at the end of Verulam Road to park.
We feel as though we are trying to do our bit by being a one-car family and now feel penalised by Herts Highways and St Albans District Council for just trying to park close to our home. I have a toddler and a baby and having to park even further away if these spaces are removed will be very difficult logistically.
You may also want to watch:
At evenings and weekends the roads around here are absolutely full to capacity with parked cars so I would like to know how Herts Highways can justify this removal and how they have been allowed to proceed with this.
MRS JULIET VOISEY,
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
Kingsbury Avenue, St Albans.