SIR, — I have just learnt of Herts Highways plans to remove 10 parking spaces on Verulam Road, St Albans, to install an additional zebra crossing. I am concerned that as a local resident I have not been informed or consulted about this, especially as we p
SIR, - I have just learnt of Herts Highways plans to remove 10 parking spaces on Verulam Road, St Albans, to install an additional zebra crossing.
I am concerned that as a local resident I have not been informed or consulted about this, especially as we pay parking fees to enable us to park in a space at least close to our home.
The removal of these spaces will make an already bad situation so much worse. We struggle on occasion to park in our road and often have to use the spaces at the end of Verulam Road to park.
We feel as though we are trying to do our bit by being a one-car family and now feel penalised by Herts Highways and St Albans District Council for just trying to park close to our home. I have a toddler and a baby and having to park even further away if these spaces are removed will be very difficult logistically.
At evenings and weekends the roads around here are absolutely full to capacity with parked cars so I would like to know how Herts Highways can justify this removal and how they have been allowed to proceed with this.
MRS JULIET VOISEY,
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
Kingsbury Avenue, St Albans.