SIR — I was disappointed to see traffic wardens handing out tickets to every car that illegally parked in and around Westminster Lodge on the afternoon of Saturday, April 26, while Zippo s Circus were having a matinee performance, an event generally aimed
SIR - I was disappointed to see traffic wardens handing out tickets to every car that illegally parked in and around Westminster Lodge on the afternoon of Saturday, April 26, while Zippo's Circus were having a matinee performance, an event generally aimed at families with young children.
Where were these families supposed to park? The whole area was full and overflowing. I saw one lady who had received a ticket - she was carrying a young child and expecting another imminently. It simply would not have been feasible for her to park much further away.
None of the ticketed cars that I saw was irresponsibly parked or looked like it was causing an obstruction. They had just used the grass verge between the two roads feeding the car park, or found other narrow spaces not marked as parking slots.
I do not condone illegal parking, but if the district council gives permission to entertainment such as Zippo's Circus - to which I went and thoroughly enjoyed - they should consider how and where visitors should park, rather than sending in the traffic wardens, especially on a Saturday afternoon when parking is shared with shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
This is not sour grapes as I did not get a parking ticket. However my children and I shared the frustration on seeing other families have enjoyment of the circus wiped off their faces.
Next year they might not support Zippo's, or the other events that are hosted here.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
Prospect Road, St Albans.