SIR — I was disappointed to see traffic wardens handing out tickets to every car that illegally parked in and around Westminster Lodge on the afternoon of Saturday, April 26, while Zippo s Circus were having a matinee performance, an event generally aimed
SIR - I was disappointed to see traffic wardens handing out tickets to every car that illegally parked in and around Westminster Lodge on the afternoon of Saturday, April 26, while Zippo's Circus were having a matinee performance, an event generally aimed at families with young children.
Where were these families supposed to park? The whole area was full and overflowing. I saw one lady who had received a ticket - she was carrying a young child and expecting another imminently. It simply would not have been feasible for her to park much further away.
None of the ticketed cars that I saw was irresponsibly parked or looked like it was causing an obstruction. They had just used the grass verge between the two roads feeding the car park, or found other narrow spaces not marked as parking slots.
I do not condone illegal parking, but if the district council gives permission to entertainment such as Zippo's Circus - to which I went and thoroughly enjoyed - they should consider how and where visitors should park, rather than sending in the traffic wardens, especially on a Saturday afternoon when parking is shared with shoppers.
This is not sour grapes as I did not get a parking ticket. However my children and I shared the frustration on seeing other families have enjoyment of the circus wiped off their faces.
Next year they might not support Zippo's, or the other events that are hosted here.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 5 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 10 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
Prospect Road, St Albans.