SIR, — I am a member of the Verulamium Park Heritage Lottery Bid Committee. Over the past weeks I have read many letters in the Herts Advertiser regarding the park Lottery bid, including the most recent one from Christine Paterson (June 12). I share the c
SIR, - I am a member of the Verulamium Park Heritage Lottery Bid Committee. Over the past weeks I have read many letters in the Herts Advertiser regarding the park Lottery bid, including the most recent one from Christine Paterson (June 12). I share the concerns expressed in these letters and also expressed recently at my residents association's annual meeting.
I am sure we all agree that the important issue is to get at the facts. May I recommend that everybody should look at the full details of the park Lottery bid on www.verpark.stalbans.gov.uk/consultation/developmentplan - then choose Conservation Management Plan. Then go to the relevant section 8.6 (page 53).
There it states "there is significant potential in.......introducing a soft margin to the lake".
I have exchanged e-mails with the St Albans District Council's consultant on this and he replies: "There are a variety of good reasons why it would be beneficial to soften the margins, but equally good reasons to preserve a hard margin in parts. The proposal is in 'concept only' at this stage and the next stage of detailed design will be subject to public consultation."
I share absolutely any concern about demolishing the concrete edge of the lake. However, I think we must realise that we are at present a long way off this being a concrete proposal - pardon the pun.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans and Watford
- 9 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 10 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
Chair, Verulam Residents Association.