SIR, — I am a member of the Verulamium Park Heritage Lottery Bid Committee. Over the past weeks I have read many letters in the Herts Advertiser regarding the park Lottery bid, including the most recent one from Christine Paterson (June 12). I share the c
SIR, - I am a member of the Verulamium Park Heritage Lottery Bid Committee. Over the past weeks I have read many letters in the Herts Advertiser regarding the park Lottery bid, including the most recent one from Christine Paterson (June 12). I share the concerns expressed in these letters and also expressed recently at my residents association's annual meeting.
I am sure we all agree that the important issue is to get at the facts. May I recommend that everybody should look at the full details of the park Lottery bid on www.verpark.stalbans.gov.uk/consultation/developmentplan - then choose Conservation Management Plan. Then go to the relevant section 8.6 (page 53).
There it states "there is significant potential in.......introducing a soft margin to the lake".
I have exchanged e-mails with the St Albans District Council's consultant on this and he replies: "There are a variety of good reasons why it would be beneficial to soften the margins, but equally good reasons to preserve a hard margin in parts. The proposal is in 'concept only' at this stage and the next stage of detailed design will be subject to public consultation."
You may also want to watch:
I share absolutely any concern about demolishing the concrete edge of the lake. However, I think we must realise that we are at present a long way off this being a concrete proposal - pardon the pun.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
Chair, Verulam Residents Association.