SIR, — I am a member of the Verulamium Park Heritage Lottery Bid Committee. Over the past weeks I have read many letters in the Herts Advertiser regarding the park Lottery bid, including the most recent one from Christine Paterson (June 12). I share the c
SIR, - I am a member of the Verulamium Park Heritage Lottery Bid Committee. Over the past weeks I have read many letters in the Herts Advertiser regarding the park Lottery bid, including the most recent one from Christine Paterson (June 12). I share the concerns expressed in these letters and also expressed recently at my residents association's annual meeting.
I am sure we all agree that the important issue is to get at the facts. May I recommend that everybody should look at the full details of the park Lottery bid on www.verpark.stalbans.gov.uk/consultation/developmentplan - then choose Conservation Management Plan. Then go to the relevant section 8.6 (page 53).
There it states "there is significant potential in.......introducing a soft margin to the lake".
I have exchanged e-mails with the St Albans District Council's consultant on this and he replies: "There are a variety of good reasons why it would be beneficial to soften the margins, but equally good reasons to preserve a hard margin in parts. The proposal is in 'concept only' at this stage and the next stage of detailed design will be subject to public consultation."
You may also want to watch:
I share absolutely any concern about demolishing the concrete edge of the lake. However, I think we must realise that we are at present a long way off this being a concrete proposal - pardon the pun.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Chair, Verulam Residents Association.