SIR – Whilst reading your paper (Herts Advertiser, October 29), I noticed the letter with reference to pallet waste at St Albans Market. I quite agree that the pallets should not just be thrown away when they can be recycled. My company – R & F Pallets Li
SIR - Whilst reading your paper (Herts Advertiser, October 29), I noticed the letter with reference to pallet waste at St Albans Market.
I quite agree that the pallets should not just be thrown away when they can be recycled.
My company - R & F Pallets Limited - is a local pallet company based in St Albans and we do recycle pallets.
The council do know this as they have used us in the past. If the council were to take all the pallets from the market back to their depot and stockpile say 30 pallets, I would be willing, on a regular basis to collect the pallets from the council depot free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
This would save on a huge amount of uneccessary wood waste and help the environment - which is what the council want us to do, isn't it?
If the council would like to contact me with regard to collecting their waste pallets my number is in the phone books.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Director, R & F Pallets Ltd, Colney Heath