SIR, — This letter is regarding the swing and mini climbing frame in Runcie Close — outside Wheatfield s Junior School, St Albans — that has been demolished. The children of Wheatfields School and some of the residents around the old park are outraged by
SIR, - This letter is regarding the swing and mini climbing frame in Runcie Close - outside Wheatfield's Junior School, St Albans - that has been demolished. The children of Wheatfields School and some of the residents around the old park are outraged by this. At least the district council should put another one in please.
We know that the swing may have been unsafe. But I know that if the council were to take a vote of who liked the play area, 99 per cent would say they did.
As I said earlier, we are not very happy about the demolition of the swing and play frame. Let me say that if you were going to go to the swing at say 3:30pm on a school day, there would be a queue of about five children for the swing. Also this swing has been in that plot for at least more than 20 years so it is a kind of a tradition to the school.
And once again the residents around the old park and Wheatfields School think the demolition of the old park is a disgrace. The demolition has ruined the walk home for many of the children at Wheatfields by not having a swing on the swing. Also for some people this means they don't have access to a swing because they don't have one at home.
You may also want to watch:
The council should please put in a new swing that is safer and newer - that swing was quite old.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
A student of Wheatfields Junior School, aged eight.