SIR, — This letter is regarding the swing and mini climbing frame in Runcie Close — outside Wheatfield s Junior School, St Albans — that has been demolished. The children of Wheatfields School and some of the residents around the old park are outraged by
SIR, - This letter is regarding the swing and mini climbing frame in Runcie Close - outside Wheatfield's Junior School, St Albans - that has been demolished. The children of Wheatfields School and some of the residents around the old park are outraged by this. At least the district council should put another one in please.
We know that the swing may have been unsafe. But I know that if the council were to take a vote of who liked the play area, 99 per cent would say they did.
As I said earlier, we are not very happy about the demolition of the swing and play frame. Let me say that if you were going to go to the swing at say 3:30pm on a school day, there would be a queue of about five children for the swing. Also this swing has been in that plot for at least more than 20 years so it is a kind of a tradition to the school.
And once again the residents around the old park and Wheatfields School think the demolition of the old park is a disgrace. The demolition has ruined the walk home for many of the children at Wheatfields by not having a swing on the swing. Also for some people this means they don't have access to a swing because they don't have one at home.
You may also want to watch:
The council should please put in a new swing that is safer and newer - that swing was quite old.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Blocked drain at St Albans junction still not cleared months after it was first reported
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- 10 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
A student of Wheatfields Junior School, aged eight.