SIR, — This letter is regarding the swing and mini climbing frame in Runcie Close — outside Wheatfield s Junior School, St Albans — that has been demolished. The children of Wheatfields School and some of the residents around the old park are outraged by
SIR, - This letter is regarding the swing and mini climbing frame in Runcie Close - outside Wheatfield's Junior School, St Albans - that has been demolished. The children of Wheatfields School and some of the residents around the old park are outraged by this. At least the district council should put another one in please.
We know that the swing may have been unsafe. But I know that if the council were to take a vote of who liked the play area, 99 per cent would say they did.
As I said earlier, we are not very happy about the demolition of the swing and play frame. Let me say that if you were going to go to the swing at say 3:30pm on a school day, there would be a queue of about five children for the swing. Also this swing has been in that plot for at least more than 20 years so it is a kind of a tradition to the school.
And once again the residents around the old park and Wheatfields School think the demolition of the old park is a disgrace. The demolition has ruined the walk home for many of the children at Wheatfields by not having a swing on the swing. Also for some people this means they don't have access to a swing because they don't have one at home.
You may also want to watch:
The council should please put in a new swing that is safer and newer - that swing was quite old.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
A student of Wheatfields Junior School, aged eight.