SIR, — I am writing about the proposed closure of the branch post office at 107 Station Road, Harpenden. It should not be closed for the following reasons: 1.) It is a profit-making post office with excellent service and with extremely kind and friendly s
SIR, - I am writing about the proposed closure of the branch post office at 107 Station Road, Harpenden. It should not be closed for the following reasons:
1.) It is a profit-making post office with excellent service and with extremely kind and friendly staff running it.
2.) Some people are able to walk or cycle to this post office. The Batford residents, many of whom are aged, already have hilly walks. Many people collect pensions and take mail and parcels for those who are unable to get to 107 Station Road let alone travel to Harpenden town centre. Homes and small surrounding businesses use it, also many of the small surrounding hamlets.
3.) This branch has a small free car park and a ramp and access for the disabled.
You may also want to watch:
4.) The main Harpenden post office can hardly cope with the current number of customers with lengthy queues being the norm and with the sorting office short-staffed and overloaded. The last thing it needs is more throughput.
5.) Parking in Harpenden is already a nightmare and expensive. The aged and disabled would have to rely on friends and family for their pensions and the use of cars would increase and hence the pollution in the area. The bus service is infrequent placing an extra burden of wasted time and inconvenience for the aged and young mothers.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
In conclusion this branch is needed for the whole community and its surrounding area. People should protest by writing to Freepost Consultation Team and Laura Tarling, Network Development Officer.
MRS JOAN LAVER,
Lower Luton Road, Wheathampstead.