SIR, — STRiFE (Stop the Rail International Freight Exchange) are absolutely still committed to the campaign of preventing a Strategic Rail Freight Interchange (SRFI) in the St Albans region. While we haven t been very public lately, I can assure you that
SIR, - STRiFE (Stop the Rail International Freight Exchange) are absolutely still committed to the campaign of preventing a Strategic Rail Freight Interchange (SRFI) in the St Albans region. While we haven't been very public lately, I can assure you that we are working very hard to fight the imminent new proposal that Helioslough are proposing, to present to St Albans District Council very shortly.
Now we need you, the public, shouting and objecting to this monstrous proposal in our vicinity, yet again! With your help we shouted loudly the first time but we need you to shout even louder this time.
Again, please talk to your friends and neighbours about the implications of such a huge development on our local roads, train network and the implications of five huge warehouses - one of which would be larger that the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow - all on our Green Belt area that is supposed to be given back to us, the public.
Please look at our website www.strife.biz which will keep you updated on developments. Helioslough are looking for somewhere to hold their latest public exhibition of their revised edition of the same thing. This they have to do to comply with the planning regulations but they are having difficulty finding anywhere that will accommodate them because no-one wants to be seen to be compliant with them.
You may also want to watch:
Doesn't this tell them something? We don't want an SRFI here. But wherever it is held, we need you the public to go and demonstrate more than ever, please. This time we need to shout even louder than before.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
on behalf of STRiFE.