SIR, — STRiFE (Stop the Rail International Freight Exchange) are absolutely still committed to the campaign of preventing a Strategic Rail Freight Interchange (SRFI) in the St Albans region. While we haven t been very public lately, I can assure you that
SIR, - STRiFE (Stop the Rail International Freight Exchange) are absolutely still committed to the campaign of preventing a Strategic Rail Freight Interchange (SRFI) in the St Albans region. While we haven't been very public lately, I can assure you that we are working very hard to fight the imminent new proposal that Helioslough are proposing, to present to St Albans District Council very shortly.
Now we need you, the public, shouting and objecting to this monstrous proposal in our vicinity, yet again! With your help we shouted loudly the first time but we need you to shout even louder this time.
Again, please talk to your friends and neighbours about the implications of such a huge development on our local roads, train network and the implications of five huge warehouses - one of which would be larger that the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow - all on our Green Belt area that is supposed to be given back to us, the public.
Please look at our website www.strife.biz which will keep you updated on developments. Helioslough are looking for somewhere to hold their latest public exhibition of their revised edition of the same thing. This they have to do to comply with the planning regulations but they are having difficulty finding anywhere that will accommodate them because no-one wants to be seen to be compliant with them.
You may also want to watch:
Doesn't this tell them something? We don't want an SRFI here. But wherever it is held, we need you the public to go and demonstrate more than ever, please. This time we need to shout even louder than before.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind
on behalf of STRiFE.