On your bike
SIR, — I was amused by the article on the difficulty encountered by Sam Newby-Ricci while trying to park in the St Albans Station car park (Herts Advertiser, May 15). The key point here is that this is a car park and it plainly shouldn t be designed to
SIR, - I was amused by the article on the difficulty encountered by Sam Newby-Ricci while trying to park in the St Albans Station car park (Herts Advertiser, May 15).
The key point here is that this is a "car park" and it plainly shouldn't be designed to accommodate agricultural vehicles, even Chelsea Tractors. No doubt web editors find cross-country vehicles very useful - presumably they have to carry webs on large trailers or edit them in muddy fields, but shouldn't be surprised to find that these vehicles are not suited to urban motoring.
Stephen Wragg's letter, in the same edition, on the use of bicycles to access the station will, no doubt, be an inspiration to Sam.
You may also want to watch:
Hill Street, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre