On your bike
SIR, — I was amused by the article on the difficulty encountered by Sam Newby-Ricci while trying to park in the St Albans Station car park (Herts Advertiser, May 15). The key point here is that this is a car park and it plainly shouldn t be designed to
SIR, - I was amused by the article on the difficulty encountered by Sam Newby-Ricci while trying to park in the St Albans Station car park (Herts Advertiser, May 15).
The key point here is that this is a "car park" and it plainly shouldn't be designed to accommodate agricultural vehicles, even Chelsea Tractors. No doubt web editors find cross-country vehicles very useful - presumably they have to carry webs on large trailers or edit them in muddy fields, but shouldn't be surprised to find that these vehicles are not suited to urban motoring.
Stephen Wragg's letter, in the same edition, on the use of bicycles to access the station will, no doubt, be an inspiration to Sam.
You may also want to watch:
Hill Street, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'