On your bike
SIR - A welcome contrast to stories of economic crisis and Westminster expenses was to see the happy smiling faces of cyclists taking part in the St Albans Charity Cycle Ride (Herts Advertiser, May 21). Muddied but undaunted by the weather (and dare we sa
SIR - A welcome contrast to stories of economic crisis and Westminster expenses was to see the happy smiling faces of cyclists taking part in the St Albans Charity Cycle Ride (Herts Advertiser, May 21).
Muddied but undaunted by the weather (and dare we say Hertfordshire's infamous potholes) more than 1,500 riders completed many thousands of enjoyable miles in fine spirits. Congratulations to them and many thanks to their personal sponsors who have given so generously to aid those worthy charities.
Thanks must also be given to St Albans Rotary Clubs - the event's expert organisers and their army of volunteers - and of course to the Herts Advertiser for sponsorship of the event. Besides the event's contribution to charity, it also does so much to encourage cycling and all the benefits which go with it. It is this aspect that we - St Albans Cycle Campaign (STACC) - appreciate, as the encouragement of cycling is our principal aim.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans Cycle Campaign
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind