On your bike
SIR - A welcome contrast to stories of economic crisis and Westminster expenses was to see the happy smiling faces of cyclists taking part in the St Albans Charity Cycle Ride (Herts Advertiser, May 21). Muddied but undaunted by the weather (and dare we sa
SIR - A welcome contrast to stories of economic crisis and Westminster expenses was to see the happy smiling faces of cyclists taking part in the St Albans Charity Cycle Ride (Herts Advertiser, May 21).
Muddied but undaunted by the weather (and dare we say Hertfordshire's infamous potholes) more than 1,500 riders completed many thousands of enjoyable miles in fine spirits. Congratulations to them and many thanks to their personal sponsors who have given so generously to aid those worthy charities.
Thanks must also be given to St Albans Rotary Clubs - the event's expert organisers and their army of volunteers - and of course to the Herts Advertiser for sponsorship of the event. Besides the event's contribution to charity, it also does so much to encourage cycling and all the benefits which go with it. It is this aspect that we - St Albans Cycle Campaign (STACC) - appreciate, as the encouragement of cycling is our principal aim.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans Cycle Campaign
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador