SIR – Your columnist Becky Alexander is quite right – we are spoilt for choice in St Albans, especially where fruit and veg are concerned (Herts Advertiser, September 3). However I was really surprised that her list of suppliers didn t include one of my
SIR - Your columnist Becky Alexander is quite right - we are spoilt for choice in St Albans, especially where fruit and veg are concerned (Herts Advertiser, September 3).
However I was really surprised that her list of suppliers didn't include one of my favourites - Carpenter's Nursery.
This is a lovely friendly-family business - the previous generation was in charge when we came to St Albans 25 years ago. Carpenter's Nursery is on the Sandridge Road (almost into Sandridge) on the left-hand side as you drive from St Albans.
They sell their own grown veg as well as other locally grown stuff, fruit, flowers, plants and free range eggs, etc. Pay them a visit - and take your shopping basket!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 7 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?