SIR – Your columnist Becky Alexander is quite right – we are spoilt for choice in St Albans, especially where fruit and veg are concerned (Herts Advertiser, September 3). However I was really surprised that her list of suppliers didn t include one of my
SIR - Your columnist Becky Alexander is quite right - we are spoilt for choice in St Albans, especially where fruit and veg are concerned (Herts Advertiser, September 3).
However I was really surprised that her list of suppliers didn't include one of my favourites - Carpenter's Nursery.
This is a lovely friendly-family business - the previous generation was in charge when we came to St Albans 25 years ago. Carpenter's Nursery is on the Sandridge Road (almost into Sandridge) on the left-hand side as you drive from St Albans.
They sell their own grown veg as well as other locally grown stuff, fruit, flowers, plants and free range eggs, etc. Pay them a visit - and take your shopping basket!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption