SIR – Your columnist Becky Alexander is quite right – we are spoilt for choice in St Albans, especially where fruit and veg are concerned (Herts Advertiser, September 3). However I was really surprised that her list of suppliers didn t include one of my
SIR - Your columnist Becky Alexander is quite right - we are spoilt for choice in St Albans, especially where fruit and veg are concerned (Herts Advertiser, September 3).
However I was really surprised that her list of suppliers didn't include one of my favourites - Carpenter's Nursery.
This is a lovely friendly-family business - the previous generation was in charge when we came to St Albans 25 years ago. Carpenter's Nursery is on the Sandridge Road (almost into Sandridge) on the left-hand side as you drive from St Albans.
They sell their own grown veg as well as other locally grown stuff, fruit, flowers, plants and free range eggs, etc. Pay them a visit - and take your shopping basket!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs