Not our views
SIR, — I would like to thank Marion Hammant for speaking on behalf of the residents of Lower Paxton and Paxton Road, St Albans, (Herts Advertiser, May 1) and I can assure her once again she is talking rubbish. We the residents of Lower Paxton Road haven
SIR, - I would like to thank Marion Hammant for speaking on behalf of the residents of Lower Paxton and Paxton Road, St Albans, (Herts Advertiser, May 1) and I can assure her once again she is talking rubbish.
We the residents of Lower Paxton Road haven't even spoken to this lady so she can keep her comments to herself. I know of 10 households that want the dilapidated, dangerous, graffiti-ridden and rat-infested former Odeon building torn down and turned into flats.
She mentioned that there will be more cars in our roads. This is not true; there will be 14 flats and enough parking for at least 23 cars.
The residents of the flats won't be issued with parking permits to park on Lower Paxton Road/Paxton Road so this won't be an issue.
You may also want to watch:
I assume like most people who live in the two streets mentioned, chose to live close enough to the station so they don't have to drive every day, so traffic won't be gridlocked down our small streets.
So Marion, please keep your nose out of our affairs and if you wish to talk to us I'd be more than happy to speak face to face with you.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 10 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
Lower Paxton Road.