Not our views
SIR, — I would like to thank Marion Hammant for speaking on behalf of the residents of Lower Paxton and Paxton Road, St Albans, (Herts Advertiser, May 1) and I can assure her once again she is talking rubbish. We the residents of Lower Paxton Road haven
SIR, - I would like to thank Marion Hammant for speaking on behalf of the residents of Lower Paxton and Paxton Road, St Albans, (Herts Advertiser, May 1) and I can assure her once again she is talking rubbish.
We the residents of Lower Paxton Road haven't even spoken to this lady so she can keep her comments to herself. I know of 10 households that want the dilapidated, dangerous, graffiti-ridden and rat-infested former Odeon building torn down and turned into flats.
She mentioned that there will be more cars in our roads. This is not true; there will be 14 flats and enough parking for at least 23 cars.
The residents of the flats won't be issued with parking permits to park on Lower Paxton Road/Paxton Road so this won't be an issue.
You may also want to watch:
I assume like most people who live in the two streets mentioned, chose to live close enough to the station so they don't have to drive every day, so traffic won't be gridlocked down our small streets.
So Marion, please keep your nose out of our affairs and if you wish to talk to us I'd be more than happy to speak face to face with you.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
Lower Paxton Road.