Not our views
SIR, — I would like to thank Marion Hammant for speaking on behalf of the residents of Lower Paxton and Paxton Road, St Albans, (Herts Advertiser, May 1) and I can assure her once again she is talking rubbish. We the residents of Lower Paxton Road haven
SIR, - I would like to thank Marion Hammant for speaking on behalf of the residents of Lower Paxton and Paxton Road, St Albans, (Herts Advertiser, May 1) and I can assure her once again she is talking rubbish.
We the residents of Lower Paxton Road haven't even spoken to this lady so she can keep her comments to herself. I know of 10 households that want the dilapidated, dangerous, graffiti-ridden and rat-infested former Odeon building torn down and turned into flats.
She mentioned that there will be more cars in our roads. This is not true; there will be 14 flats and enough parking for at least 23 cars.
The residents of the flats won't be issued with parking permits to park on Lower Paxton Road/Paxton Road so this won't be an issue.
I assume like most people who live in the two streets mentioned, chose to live close enough to the station so they don't have to drive every day, so traffic won't be gridlocked down our small streets.
So Marion, please keep your nose out of our affairs and if you wish to talk to us I'd be more than happy to speak face to face with you.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Lower Paxton Road.