SIR, — In response to Peter Willsohn s letter, what utter rubbish. Has this man ever bothered to visit Batford? How can he possibly say that many Harpenden and Batford locals do not know this post office exists. I can assure you sir that this post office
SIR, - In response to Peter Willsohn's letter, what utter rubbish. Has this man ever bothered to visit Batford? How can he possibly say that many Harpenden and Batford locals do not know this post office exists. I can assure you sir that this post office is used on a very regular basis by young and old alike, so it is certainly not obscure.
Maybe the main post office is not too far away, but the older folk of Batford find it more convenient to get to Station Road North. They do not then have to worry about waiting around for buses.
Why is it that so many people have this belief that Batford should be the forgotten place? I was born in Batford and have always felt that it is a pleasant place to live and cannot understand why anyone should have such a negative view.
To Sheila and her husband I would like to say thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into the post office and the shop over many years. The people of Batford are behind you and will do everything possible to keep the likes of Mr Willsohn and his ridiculous comments from taking our post office away.
You may also want to watch:
Noke Shot, Harpenden.
- 1 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 9 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 10 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines