SIR, — In response to Peter Willsohn s letter, what utter rubbish. Has this man ever bothered to visit Batford? How can he possibly say that many Harpenden and Batford locals do not know this post office exists. I can assure you sir that this post office
SIR, - In response to Peter Willsohn's letter, what utter rubbish. Has this man ever bothered to visit Batford? How can he possibly say that many Harpenden and Batford locals do not know this post office exists. I can assure you sir that this post office is used on a very regular basis by young and old alike, so it is certainly not obscure.
Maybe the main post office is not too far away, but the older folk of Batford find it more convenient to get to Station Road North. They do not then have to worry about waiting around for buses.
Why is it that so many people have this belief that Batford should be the forgotten place? I was born in Batford and have always felt that it is a pleasant place to live and cannot understand why anyone should have such a negative view.
To Sheila and her husband I would like to say thank you very much for all the hard work you have put into the post office and the shop over many years. The people of Batford are behind you and will do everything possible to keep the likes of Mr Willsohn and his ridiculous comments from taking our post office away.
You may also want to watch:
Noke Shot, Harpenden.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests