SIR, — Steve Greenwood thinks it s clever to dodge traffic wardens in order to find a free parking place in a residential road near St Albans City Station, rather than to pay for a designated place somewhere (Herts Advertiser letters, February 21). As he
SIR, - Steve Greenwood thinks it's clever to dodge traffic wardens in order to find a free parking place in a residential road near St Albans City Station, rather than to pay for a designated place somewhere (Herts Advertiser letters, February 21). As he rightly guessed though, the residents don't think the same way.
Orient Close suffers simular problems to Ridgmont Road. However the cars are often parked illegally because it is not a wide road and wasn't designed for parked cars lining up bumper to bumper in the road when the designated parking areas are full. Sometimes they are so badly parked as to appear abandoned.
On many occasions delivery vans, and even the refuse collectors, have been unable to get through due to selfish parking. While they can turn around and drive off, I don't think a fire engine or ambulance could afford to do the same.
Mr Greenwood may think it's funny. However for the rest of us having to live with these thoughtless drivers being parked outside our houses all day, it isn't really a laughing matter.
You may also want to watch:
I do hope that if his or other cars get hit by a lorry struggling to get through, that the residents he has so little compassion for are not called upon to be witnesses.
Save the traffic warden, save the world.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 6 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Orient Close, St Albans.