SIR, — Steve Greenwood thinks it s clever to dodge traffic wardens in order to find a free parking place in a residential road near St Albans City Station, rather than to pay for a designated place somewhere (Herts Advertiser letters, February 21). As he
SIR, - Steve Greenwood thinks it's clever to dodge traffic wardens in order to find a free parking place in a residential road near St Albans City Station, rather than to pay for a designated place somewhere (Herts Advertiser letters, February 21). As he rightly guessed though, the residents don't think the same way.
Orient Close suffers simular problems to Ridgmont Road. However the cars are often parked illegally because it is not a wide road and wasn't designed for parked cars lining up bumper to bumper in the road when the designated parking areas are full. Sometimes they are so badly parked as to appear abandoned.
On many occasions delivery vans, and even the refuse collectors, have been unable to get through due to selfish parking. While they can turn around and drive off, I don't think a fire engine or ambulance could afford to do the same.
Mr Greenwood may think it's funny. However for the rest of us having to live with these thoughtless drivers being parked outside our houses all day, it isn't really a laughing matter.
I do hope that if his or other cars get hit by a lorry struggling to get through, that the residents he has so little compassion for are not called upon to be witnesses.
Save the traffic warden, save the world.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 8 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
Orient Close, St Albans.