SIR, — As someone who lives even further away from the threatened Station Road North post office than the heavily-criticised Peter Willsohn — but grew up in the area — I d like to add my voice to the chorus disapproving his nonsense. This is a useful, loc
SIR, - As someone who lives even further away from the threatened Station Road North post office than the heavily-criticised Peter Willsohn - but grew up in the area - I'd like to add my voice to the chorus disapproving his nonsense.
This is a useful, local and very popular post office serving a sizeable part of Harpenden. It has free parking, you can walk to it and it doesn't have the brutally-painful "improved customer experience" of the town-centre post office.
In fact theoretically it meets all the requirements the Government bangs on about us needing in the modern age - it's green, its local and supporting small business and the community.
I hope it wins its fight to stay open against the fools who want to close it.
You may also want to watch:
Regina Road, London N4.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area