SIR, — As someone who lives even further away from the threatened Station Road North post office than the heavily-criticised Peter Willsohn — but grew up in the area — I d like to add my voice to the chorus disapproving his nonsense. This is a useful, loc
SIR, - As someone who lives even further away from the threatened Station Road North post office than the heavily-criticised Peter Willsohn - but grew up in the area - I'd like to add my voice to the chorus disapproving his nonsense.
This is a useful, local and very popular post office serving a sizeable part of Harpenden. It has free parking, you can walk to it and it doesn't have the brutally-painful "improved customer experience" of the town-centre post office.
In fact theoretically it meets all the requirements the Government bangs on about us needing in the modern age - it's green, its local and supporting small business and the community.
I hope it wins its fight to stay open against the fools who want to close it.
You may also want to watch:
Regina Road, London N4.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building