SIR, — As someone who lives even further away from the threatened Station Road North post office than the heavily-criticised Peter Willsohn — but grew up in the area — I d like to add my voice to the chorus disapproving his nonsense. This is a useful, loc
SIR, - As someone who lives even further away from the threatened Station Road North post office than the heavily-criticised Peter Willsohn - but grew up in the area - I'd like to add my voice to the chorus disapproving his nonsense.
This is a useful, local and very popular post office serving a sizeable part of Harpenden. It has free parking, you can walk to it and it doesn't have the brutally-painful "improved customer experience" of the town-centre post office.
In fact theoretically it meets all the requirements the Government bangs on about us needing in the modern age - it's green, its local and supporting small business and the community.
I hope it wins its fight to stay open against the fools who want to close it.
You may also want to watch:
Regina Road, London N4.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery