SIR — Continuing the interesting debate over the Green Flag award for Harpenden Common, are we sure its not the Green Paint award as Harpenden Town Council (HTC)has spent considerable time and effort — and probably cash — over the past few months surround
SIR - Continuing the interesting debate over the Green Flag award for Harpenden Common, are we sure its not the Green Paint award as Harpenden Town Council (HTC)has spent considerable time and effort - and probably cash - over the past few months surrounding the common in lumps of tree trunk painted green (OK and orange too) as well as cordoning off parts of the common with tacky plastic tape.
If I read the minutes of HTC correctly this exercise has been done because someone in the council has a bee in their bonnet about cars and car parking. I suppose it won't be long before we have double yellow lines and traffic wardens patrolling the common at taxpayers' expense.
Once again HTC seems to have got its priorities wrong.
You may also want to watch:
Eastmoor Park, Harpenden.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building