SIR — Continuing the interesting debate over the Green Flag award for Harpenden Common, are we sure its not the Green Paint award as Harpenden Town Council (HTC)has spent considerable time and effort — and probably cash — over the past few months surround
SIR - Continuing the interesting debate over the Green Flag award for Harpenden Common, are we sure its not the Green Paint award as Harpenden Town Council (HTC)has spent considerable time and effort - and probably cash - over the past few months surrounding the common in lumps of tree trunk painted green (OK and orange too) as well as cordoning off parts of the common with tacky plastic tape.
If I read the minutes of HTC correctly this exercise has been done because someone in the council has a bee in their bonnet about cars and car parking. I suppose it won't be long before we have double yellow lines and traffic wardens patrolling the common at taxpayers' expense.
Once again HTC seems to have got its priorities wrong.
You may also want to watch:
Eastmoor Park, Harpenden.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 3 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 4 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
- 9 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier