SIR — Continuing the interesting debate over the Green Flag award for Harpenden Common, are we sure its not the Green Paint award as Harpenden Town Council (HTC)has spent considerable time and effort — and probably cash — over the past few months surround
SIR - Continuing the interesting debate over the Green Flag award for Harpenden Common, are we sure its not the Green Paint award as Harpenden Town Council (HTC)has spent considerable time and effort - and probably cash - over the past few months surrounding the common in lumps of tree trunk painted green (OK and orange too) as well as cordoning off parts of the common with tacky plastic tape.
If I read the minutes of HTC correctly this exercise has been done because someone in the council has a bee in their bonnet about cars and car parking. I suppose it won't be long before we have double yellow lines and traffic wardens patrolling the common at taxpayers' expense.
Once again HTC seems to have got its priorities wrong.
You may also want to watch:
Eastmoor Park, Harpenden.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield