SIR, — Having like many commuters had to suffer the continued delays to the First Capital Connect (FCC) service from St Albans into London, on Tuesday night I was exposed to what appears to be a way of reducing their appalling record of delays. Having cau
SIR, - Having like many commuters had to suffer the continued delays to the First Capital Connect (FCC) service from St Albans into London, on Tuesday night I was exposed to what appears to be a way of reducing their appalling record of delays.
Having caught the 9.44pm from Farringdon to St Albans, it was announced that we would be making an unscheduled stop at Kentish Town. On arriving at Kentish the train remained stationary for some considerable time before slowly making its way to St Albans.
Upon arriving at St Albans we were 15 minutes behind schedule but had miraculously become the 9.59pm from Farringdon and arrived bang on that train's schedule as the staff were so pleased to point out to me.
Therefore I suspect there will be no record of this train, and potentially many others, ever being late and their continued appalling record of time-keeping will not be apparent in any published punctuality table.
You may also want to watch:
Beaumont Avenue, St Albans.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street