Nanny knows best?
SIR – I think Cllr Roma Mills is much closer to the public feeling over Westminster Lodge in St Albans than are the LibDem portfolio holders on the district council. We now have Cllr Burton donning her nanny outfit to tell us that she and her leader kn
SIR - I think Cllr Roma Mills is much closer to the public feeling over Westminster Lodge in St Albans than are the LibDem portfolio holders on the district council.
We now have Cllr Burton donning her "nanny" outfit to tell us that she and her leader know what is best for the peasants and we are just going to have to put up with their decision despite the vast reduction in leisure facilities these will introduce.
Cllr Burton quotes one resident exhorting her to "just get on with it". Well I join Cllr Mills �n pleading no, no, no!
Had it not been for the gross neglicence of maintenance under Cllr Burton's leadership over the years there should be no need whatsoever to replace the existing facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Hatfield have a pool which is a few years older than ours and is still providing better facilities than those our leaders have allowed to deteriorate to the extent that "replacement" is seen as the only solution to facilities that are claimed to be no longer fit for purpose.
I would not be surprised if many of my fellow residents did not feel that such a description could appropriately be used to describe our present council leadership.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Rather ironically, in your sports pages last week you reported the considerable successes of young members of City of St Albans Swimming Club at a meeting at Barnet.
One wonders how the hopes of futures successes for these youngsters will be realised if the "enhancements" ( a favourite LibDem word) go through for Westminster Lodge? The best the public can hope for is that the planning committee can show a reasonable degree of realism when the application comes before them.
Townsend Drive, St Albans