Name that alpaca at Willows Farm Village near St Albans
WHAT’S in a name? Well, quite a lot when you haven’t got one! Willows Farm Village, near St Albans, has had a special new arrival during its Summer Spectacular event – a baby alpaca or “cria”.
The pure white female was born last month to dad Groove and mum Muffin but has thus far remained nameless!
Staff at Willows have been looking forward to the cria’s arrival for months but have been stumped at what to call her. So we’re counting on creative Herts Advertiser readers to come up with a name that will really “alpaca-punch”.
The Herts Advertiser will choose the winning name which will then appear on a plaque outside the alpacas’ pen – and you’ll even get the chance to meet the alpaca you named in person.
Farmer at Willows Anna Wolfe said: “Our new arrival is quite a character and we’re looking for a colourful name to match her playful personality.
You may also want to watch:
“As a thank you, we’d also like to invite the winning entrant to Willows to see the alpacas themselves together with all our other farmyard animals. Afterwards, they’ll also be able to enjoy our full programme of shows and adventure play.”
For your chance to name the cria and win a family day admission (admits four) to Willows Farm Village, simply text your suggestion to HA WILLOWS, followed by your name, full address and contact phone number to 80058, e.g. HA WILLOWS Packo, 11 Letsby Avenue, AL1 1TO. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The competition closes at 12noon on August 17. The winner will be chosen by the Herts Advertiser editor after that time. No cash alternative, prize is not transferable. The editor’s decision is final.
Usual promotion rules apply. Visit hertsad.co.uk for details or call customer services on 0207 633 5020.
For more information about Willows Farm Village please call 0870 129 9718 or visit www.willowsfarmvillage.com