Name that alpaca at Willows Farm Village near St Albans
WHAT’S in a name? Well, quite a lot when you haven’t got one! Willows Farm Village, near St Albans, has had a special new arrival during its Summer Spectacular event – a baby alpaca or “cria”.
The pure white female was born last month to dad Groove and mum Muffin but has thus far remained nameless!
Staff at Willows have been looking forward to the cria’s arrival for months but have been stumped at what to call her. So we’re counting on creative Herts Advertiser readers to come up with a name that will really “alpaca-punch”.
The Herts Advertiser will choose the winning name which will then appear on a plaque outside the alpacas’ pen – and you’ll even get the chance to meet the alpaca you named in person.
Farmer at Willows Anna Wolfe said: “Our new arrival is quite a character and we’re looking for a colourful name to match her playful personality.
You may also want to watch:
“As a thank you, we’d also like to invite the winning entrant to Willows to see the alpacas themselves together with all our other farmyard animals. Afterwards, they’ll also be able to enjoy our full programme of shows and adventure play.”
For your chance to name the cria and win a family day admission (admits four) to Willows Farm Village, simply text your suggestion to HA WILLOWS, followed by your name, full address and contact phone number to 80058, e.g. HA WILLOWS Packo, 11 Letsby Avenue, AL1 1TO. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
The competition closes at 12noon on August 17. The winner will be chosen by the Herts Advertiser editor after that time. No cash alternative, prize is not transferable. The editor’s decision is final.
Usual promotion rules apply. Visit hertsad.co.uk for details or call customer services on 0207 633 5020.
For more information about Willows Farm Village please call 0870 129 9718 or visit www.willowsfarmvillage.com