Name that alpaca at Willows Farm Village near St Albans
WHAT’S in a name? Well, quite a lot when you haven’t got one! Willows Farm Village, near St Albans, has had a special new arrival during its Summer Spectacular event – a baby alpaca or “cria”.
The pure white female was born last month to dad Groove and mum Muffin but has thus far remained nameless!
Staff at Willows have been looking forward to the cria’s arrival for months but have been stumped at what to call her. So we’re counting on creative Herts Advertiser readers to come up with a name that will really “alpaca-punch”.
The Herts Advertiser will choose the winning name which will then appear on a plaque outside the alpacas’ pen – and you’ll even get the chance to meet the alpaca you named in person.
Farmer at Willows Anna Wolfe said: “Our new arrival is quite a character and we’re looking for a colourful name to match her playful personality.
You may also want to watch:
“As a thank you, we’d also like to invite the winning entrant to Willows to see the alpacas themselves together with all our other farmyard animals. Afterwards, they’ll also be able to enjoy our full programme of shows and adventure play.”
For your chance to name the cria and win a family day admission (admits four) to Willows Farm Village, simply text your suggestion to HA WILLOWS, followed by your name, full address and contact phone number to 80058, e.g. HA WILLOWS Packo, 11 Letsby Avenue, AL1 1TO. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
The competition closes at 12noon on August 17. The winner will be chosen by the Herts Advertiser editor after that time. No cash alternative, prize is not transferable. The editor’s decision is final.
Usual promotion rules apply. Visit hertsad.co.uk for details or call customer services on 0207 633 5020.
For more information about Willows Farm Village please call 0870 129 9718 or visit www.willowsfarmvillage.com