Name that alpaca at Willows Farm Village near St Albans
WHAT’S in a name? Well, quite a lot when you haven’t got one! Willows Farm Village, near St Albans, has had a special new arrival during its Summer Spectacular event – a baby alpaca or “cria”.
The pure white female was born last month to dad Groove and mum Muffin but has thus far remained nameless!
Staff at Willows have been looking forward to the cria’s arrival for months but have been stumped at what to call her. So we’re counting on creative Herts Advertiser readers to come up with a name that will really “alpaca-punch”.
The Herts Advertiser will choose the winning name which will then appear on a plaque outside the alpacas’ pen – and you’ll even get the chance to meet the alpaca you named in person.
Farmer at Willows Anna Wolfe said: “Our new arrival is quite a character and we’re looking for a colourful name to match her playful personality.
You may also want to watch:
“As a thank you, we’d also like to invite the winning entrant to Willows to see the alpacas themselves together with all our other farmyard animals. Afterwards, they’ll also be able to enjoy our full programme of shows and adventure play.”
For your chance to name the cria and win a family day admission (admits four) to Willows Farm Village, simply text your suggestion to HA WILLOWS, followed by your name, full address and contact phone number to 80058, e.g. HA WILLOWS Packo, 11 Letsby Avenue, AL1 1TO. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
The competition closes at 12noon on August 17. The winner will be chosen by the Herts Advertiser editor after that time. No cash alternative, prize is not transferable. The editor’s decision is final.
Usual promotion rules apply. Visit hertsad.co.uk for details or call customer services on 0207 633 5020.
For more information about Willows Farm Village please call 0870 129 9718 or visit www.willowsfarmvillage.com