MP is called to account
SIR – Surely I must be wrong in surmising that once again Anne Main has managed to exonerate herself from any wrong-doing (Herts Advertiser, October 15). Certainly this must be because the whole truth has not been revealed, i.e. her company director daugh
SIR - Surely I must be wrong in surmising that once again Anne Main has managed to exonerate herself from any wrong-doing (Herts Advertiser, October 15).
Certainly this must be because the whole truth has not been revealed, i.e. her company director daughter living rent-free in her second residence at the taxpayers' expense?
I note that while sucking up to Sir Thomas Legg, Anne Main has at the same time agreed to pay back an erroneous sum of �463.59. Wow! This should put the state back on its feet again - what about the rest?
How easy it has been for all of these wayward politicians to foil the system and we have to remember that, but for the Freedom of Information Act, they would have just blithely carried on. I think it really sad that in today's economic climate, some families are really struggling while these well-off politicians continue to line their pockets with their false claims. It seems so unfair. Even the House of Lords are not exempt.
You may also want to watch:
What hope can there be for us people with all this corruption in government? What directive does it give to the nation for the voting in the next very important elections, with such confusion and uncertainty to contend with? No wonder the country is rapidly going to the dogs.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 Police seek cyclist after city centre assault
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 7 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 8 How many candidates are standing for county council?
- 9 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
Wilstone Drive, St Albans
SIR - Poor Anne Main! She has to find �460 to pay back excessive expenses she has claimed.
As she points out, she was in no way to blame as "obviously this was an accounting error".
It's scandalous - we are not even providing her with enough money to employ a decent accountant!
The good people of St Albans must be distraught at the thought of their MP falling on hard times.
But wait a minute, surely there is hope? I read somewhere that her daughter has benefited over recent years from an astute financial arrangement. Let us just hope she will help out her poor mother at this difficult time.
NAME & ADDRESS