MP is called to account
SIR – Surely I must be wrong in surmising that once again Anne Main has managed to exonerate herself from any wrong-doing (Herts Advertiser, October 15). Certainly this must be because the whole truth has not been revealed, i.e. her company director daugh
SIR - Surely I must be wrong in surmising that once again Anne Main has managed to exonerate herself from any wrong-doing (Herts Advertiser, October 15).
Certainly this must be because the whole truth has not been revealed, i.e. her company director daughter living rent-free in her second residence at the taxpayers' expense?
I note that while sucking up to Sir Thomas Legg, Anne Main has at the same time agreed to pay back an erroneous sum of �463.59. Wow! This should put the state back on its feet again - what about the rest?
How easy it has been for all of these wayward politicians to foil the system and we have to remember that, but for the Freedom of Information Act, they would have just blithely carried on. I think it really sad that in today's economic climate, some families are really struggling while these well-off politicians continue to line their pockets with their false claims. It seems so unfair. Even the House of Lords are not exempt.
You may also want to watch:
What hope can there be for us people with all this corruption in government? What directive does it give to the nation for the voting in the next very important elections, with such confusion and uncertainty to contend with? No wonder the country is rapidly going to the dogs.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 10 Row over charges for garden waste continues
Wilstone Drive, St Albans
SIR - Poor Anne Main! She has to find �460 to pay back excessive expenses she has claimed.
As she points out, she was in no way to blame as "obviously this was an accounting error".
It's scandalous - we are not even providing her with enough money to employ a decent accountant!
The good people of St Albans must be distraught at the thought of their MP falling on hard times.
But wait a minute, surely there is hope? I read somewhere that her daughter has benefited over recent years from an astute financial arrangement. Let us just hope she will help out her poor mother at this difficult time.
NAME & ADDRESS