SIR – As a regular road user along our city s clogged streets, one thing that irks me to the point of apoplexy is the lack of respect and courtesy shown by fellow motorists and road users. If it s not enough to contend with that we have the most crowded s
SIR - As a regular road user along our city's clogged streets, one thing that irks me to the point of apoplexy is the lack of respect and courtesy shown by fellow motorists and road users.
If it's not enough to contend with that we have the most crowded streets bar London in the UK, traffic lights programmed to frustrate and more divots in our tarmac surfaces than the Moon and Greece put together - we also have to put up with the following: teenagers burning rubber and speeding in their first car Peugeot 206s, any-colour van man constantly on their mobile phones, really very senior citizens probably too old to drive who feel they (and everyone else) are stuck back in the halcyon driving days of the 1930s when everything was much slooooower - through to aggressive middle-aged business men (and more frequently women) who spit, swear and snarl their way "road-rage" stylee through the morning rush to get to work.
It's enough to make you weep. Of course, I and everyone else who feels the same as me are perfect, blameless drivers who never make mistakes and who are always the 'victim' of other discourteous users' actions - but I thought I would point it out nevertheless. Happy motoring!
You may also want to watch:
Green Lane, St Albans
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests