SIR – As a regular road user along our city s clogged streets, one thing that irks me to the point of apoplexy is the lack of respect and courtesy shown by fellow motorists and road users. If it s not enough to contend with that we have the most crowded s
SIR - As a regular road user along our city's clogged streets, one thing that irks me to the point of apoplexy is the lack of respect and courtesy shown by fellow motorists and road users.
If it's not enough to contend with that we have the most crowded streets bar London in the UK, traffic lights programmed to frustrate and more divots in our tarmac surfaces than the Moon and Greece put together - we also have to put up with the following: teenagers burning rubber and speeding in their first car Peugeot 206s, any-colour van man constantly on their mobile phones, really very senior citizens probably too old to drive who feel they (and everyone else) are stuck back in the halcyon driving days of the 1930s when everything was much slooooower - through to aggressive middle-aged business men (and more frequently women) who spit, swear and snarl their way "road-rage" stylee through the morning rush to get to work.
It's enough to make you weep. Of course, I and everyone else who feels the same as me are perfect, blameless drivers who never make mistakes and who are always the 'victim' of other discourteous users' actions - but I thought I would point it out nevertheless. Happy motoring!
You may also want to watch:
Green Lane, St Albans
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 9 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident