SIR – I should like to throw my hat into the ring regarding the proposal of a mosque on the site of the former cemex building on Lowbell Lane, London Colney. I d like to point out that the only people that should really have a say on this obviously fragil
SIR - I should like to throw my hat into the ring regarding the proposal of a mosque on the site of the former cemex building on Lowbell Lane, London Colney.
I'd like to point out that the only people that should really have a say on this obviously fragile and political issue are the residents of Lowbell Lane.
We're the people that will have to deal with the vastly increased volume of traffic passing through our tiny little road. There is precious little parking space down the lane as it is and hundreds of worshippers can only make this situation worse as the car park that belongs to the building holds only 26 cars.
Seeing as up to 300 families have pledged money to pay for this mosque, we can assume that 26 parking spaces is simply not enough.
You may also want to watch:
I can see in my mind's eye parked cars stretching all the way down Barnet Road past the Colney Fox, turning London Colney High Street into some kind of automotive quagmire. I would also like to mention that there are obvious security issues from both sides of the coin, and I wish not for Lowbell Lane to turn into some kind of warzone that exists in cities like Manchester and Bradford to name just a couple.
Anyway, this is destined to be a logistical nightmare.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 A New York state of mind
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 9 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
All the racism and bigotry in the world can't escape the fact that this is an especially bad idea.