SIR – I should like to throw my hat into the ring regarding the proposal of a mosque on the site of the former cemex building on Lowbell Lane, London Colney. I d like to point out that the only people that should really have a say on this obviously fragil
SIR - I should like to throw my hat into the ring regarding the proposal of a mosque on the site of the former cemex building on Lowbell Lane, London Colney.
I'd like to point out that the only people that should really have a say on this obviously fragile and political issue are the residents of Lowbell Lane.
We're the people that will have to deal with the vastly increased volume of traffic passing through our tiny little road. There is precious little parking space down the lane as it is and hundreds of worshippers can only make this situation worse as the car park that belongs to the building holds only 26 cars.
Seeing as up to 300 families have pledged money to pay for this mosque, we can assume that 26 parking spaces is simply not enough.
You may also want to watch:
I can see in my mind's eye parked cars stretching all the way down Barnet Road past the Colney Fox, turning London Colney High Street into some kind of automotive quagmire. I would also like to mention that there are obvious security issues from both sides of the coin, and I wish not for Lowbell Lane to turn into some kind of warzone that exists in cities like Manchester and Bradford to name just a couple.
Anyway, this is destined to be a logistical nightmare.
- 1 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 2 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
All the racism and bigotry in the world can't escape the fact that this is an especially bad idea.