SIR – There should be far more concern about the proposed mosque in London Colney (Herts Advertiser, October 29) than the amount of use and traffic it will attract . For 1,400 years this was a largely Christian country before a single Muslim set foot her
SIR - There should be far more concern about the proposed mosque in London Colney (Herts Advertiser, October 29) than "the amount of use and traffic it will attract".
For 1,400 years this was a largely Christian country before a single Muslim set foot here and in the space of 30 years we are faced with Islamisation on a grand scale.
Whilst thousands of mosques have been given planning permission in the UK by a succession of over-liberal governments which have never bothered to support our Christian heritage or consider the feelings of Jews, Hindus and Sikhs who have lived here for very many years, there are to my certain knowledge only a handful of churches in the entire Muslim world.
Indeed ethnic Christian minorities in Muslim countries are continually attacked both verbally and physically just because of their faith. In many Muslim countries churches are regularly burned and any Muslim who decides to apostasise from Islam is put under a fatwa whereby he/she can be killed.
There is to my mind a very strong argument that until religious freedom is allowed in Islamic countries which is the democratic and human right of all people then no more mosques should be given planning permission in the UK.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire