SIR – There should be far more concern about the proposed mosque in London Colney (Herts Advertiser, October 29) than the amount of use and traffic it will attract . For 1,400 years this was a largely Christian country before a single Muslim set foot her
SIR - There should be far more concern about the proposed mosque in London Colney (Herts Advertiser, October 29) than "the amount of use and traffic it will attract".
For 1,400 years this was a largely Christian country before a single Muslim set foot here and in the space of 30 years we are faced with Islamisation on a grand scale.
Whilst thousands of mosques have been given planning permission in the UK by a succession of over-liberal governments which have never bothered to support our Christian heritage or consider the feelings of Jews, Hindus and Sikhs who have lived here for very many years, there are to my certain knowledge only a handful of churches in the entire Muslim world.
Indeed ethnic Christian minorities in Muslim countries are continually attacked both verbally and physically just because of their faith. In many Muslim countries churches are regularly burned and any Muslim who decides to apostasise from Islam is put under a fatwa whereby he/she can be killed.
You may also want to watch:
There is to my mind a very strong argument that until religious freedom is allowed in Islamic countries which is the democratic and human right of all people then no more mosques should be given planning permission in the UK.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy