SIR – There should be far more concern about the proposed mosque in London Colney (Herts Advertiser, October 29) than the amount of use and traffic it will attract . For 1,400 years this was a largely Christian country before a single Muslim set foot her
SIR - There should be far more concern about the proposed mosque in London Colney (Herts Advertiser, October 29) than "the amount of use and traffic it will attract".
For 1,400 years this was a largely Christian country before a single Muslim set foot here and in the space of 30 years we are faced with Islamisation on a grand scale.
Whilst thousands of mosques have been given planning permission in the UK by a succession of over-liberal governments which have never bothered to support our Christian heritage or consider the feelings of Jews, Hindus and Sikhs who have lived here for very many years, there are to my certain knowledge only a handful of churches in the entire Muslim world.
Indeed ethnic Christian minorities in Muslim countries are continually attacked both verbally and physically just because of their faith. In many Muslim countries churches are regularly burned and any Muslim who decides to apostasise from Islam is put under a fatwa whereby he/she can be killed.
You may also want to watch:
There is to my mind a very strong argument that until religious freedom is allowed in Islamic countries which is the democratic and human right of all people then no more mosques should be given planning permission in the UK.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield