More sober view
SIR, — Re the proposed sculpture designed for Verulamium Park, St Albans (Herts Advertiser, February 26). On seeing the photograph of this chunk of art, one has to ask what has St Albans done to deserve this suggested monstrosity. It s clearly out of cont
SIR, - Re the proposed sculpture designed for Verulamium Park, St Albans (Herts Advertiser, February 26). On seeing the photograph of this chunk of art, one has to ask what has St Albans done to deserve this suggested monstrosity. It's clearly out of context with the beautiful surroundings.
The sculpture might lend itself well to an ultra-modern town, if the residents have the stomach for it, or even in the Tate Modern - now they really do deserve it.
We are told the sculpture was conceived over a pint, yet are they sure it wasn't something very much stronger.
So, modern art in the right place - perhaps but not in the park blighting nature's paradise.
You may also want to watch:
Ashwell Park, Harpenden.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate