More police for Hertfordshire
SIR – I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised. As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges. The way to make up thi
SIR - I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised.
As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges.
The way to make up this shortfall of officers is to claw them back from working in Bedfordshire!
For some time now there has been a move to amalgamate both forces via the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are told that it is a cost-saving exercise by joining together firearms departments, dog sections, complaints and discipline departments, riot squad, etc., but where and what are these savings?
From what I hear it is costing hundreds of thousands of pounds to establish all these new joint departments with a net loss to Hertfordshire tax payers and a gain to Bedfordshire tax payers.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Green light given to new hospital project
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Hertfordshire armed police now patrol Luton Airport, the Major Crime Task Force is primarily manned by Hertfordshire officers but spends most of its time working on Bedfordshire matters.
All leave for Hertfordshire officers has been cancelled on Luton Carnival day next year in order that they can help police the event.
Hertfordshire Constabulary is a larger, more successful force than Bedfordshire and the Hertford-shire tax payers are subsidising Bedfordshire tax payers. Stop the amalgamation and bring back the Hertfordshire officers to Hertfordshire.
NAME & ADDRESS