More police for Hertfordshire
SIR – I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised. As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges. The way to make up thi
SIR - I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised.
As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges.
The way to make up this shortfall of officers is to claw them back from working in Bedfordshire!
For some time now there has been a move to amalgamate both forces via the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are told that it is a cost-saving exercise by joining together firearms departments, dog sections, complaints and discipline departments, riot squad, etc., but where and what are these savings?
From what I hear it is costing hundreds of thousands of pounds to establish all these new joint departments with a net loss to Hertfordshire tax payers and a gain to Bedfordshire tax payers.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
Hertfordshire armed police now patrol Luton Airport, the Major Crime Task Force is primarily manned by Hertfordshire officers but spends most of its time working on Bedfordshire matters.
All leave for Hertfordshire officers has been cancelled on Luton Carnival day next year in order that they can help police the event.
Hertfordshire Constabulary is a larger, more successful force than Bedfordshire and the Hertford-shire tax payers are subsidising Bedfordshire tax payers. Stop the amalgamation and bring back the Hertfordshire officers to Hertfordshire.
NAME & ADDRESS