More police for Hertfordshire
SIR – I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised. As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges. The way to make up thi
SIR - I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised.
As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges.
The way to make up this shortfall of officers is to claw them back from working in Bedfordshire!
For some time now there has been a move to amalgamate both forces via the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are told that it is a cost-saving exercise by joining together firearms departments, dog sections, complaints and discipline departments, riot squad, etc., but where and what are these savings?
From what I hear it is costing hundreds of thousands of pounds to establish all these new joint departments with a net loss to Hertfordshire tax payers and a gain to Bedfordshire tax payers.
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
Hertfordshire armed police now patrol Luton Airport, the Major Crime Task Force is primarily manned by Hertfordshire officers but spends most of its time working on Bedfordshire matters.
All leave for Hertfordshire officers has been cancelled on Luton Carnival day next year in order that they can help police the event.
Hertfordshire Constabulary is a larger, more successful force than Bedfordshire and the Hertford-shire tax payers are subsidising Bedfordshire tax payers. Stop the amalgamation and bring back the Hertfordshire officers to Hertfordshire.
NAME & ADDRESS