More police for Hertfordshire
SIR – I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised. As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges. The way to make up thi
SIR - I write with regards to the news last week concerning the loss of 200 police officers if the local community charge is not raised.
As a Hertfordshire resident paying colossal community charges, I object to paying more charges.
The way to make up this shortfall of officers is to claw them back from working in Bedfordshire!
For some time now there has been a move to amalgamate both forces via the back door.
You may also want to watch:
We are told that it is a cost-saving exercise by joining together firearms departments, dog sections, complaints and discipline departments, riot squad, etc., but where and what are these savings?
From what I hear it is costing hundreds of thousands of pounds to establish all these new joint departments with a net loss to Hertfordshire tax payers and a gain to Bedfordshire tax payers.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
Hertfordshire armed police now patrol Luton Airport, the Major Crime Task Force is primarily manned by Hertfordshire officers but spends most of its time working on Bedfordshire matters.
All leave for Hertfordshire officers has been cancelled on Luton Carnival day next year in order that they can help police the event.
Hertfordshire Constabulary is a larger, more successful force than Bedfordshire and the Hertford-shire tax payers are subsidising Bedfordshire tax payers. Stop the amalgamation and bring back the Hertfordshire officers to Hertfordshire.
NAME & ADDRESS