SIR, — I was amused but not surprised by some of things people do behind the wheel (Herts Advertiser, July 10). Perhaps people were having breakfast etc because they spend hours in traffic queues like me, because of the endless M1 and other Herts County C
SIR, - I was amused but not surprised by some of things people do behind the wheel (Herts Advertiser, July 10). Perhaps people were having breakfast etc because they spend hours in traffic queues like me, because of the endless M1 and other Herts County Council road works, and poor transport provision.
I was please to see Luton and Dunstable have now agreed a guided busway for the disused rail line, probably because they became exasperated with DfT rail.
Of course when the M1 road works finish in December, we can then look forward to another three years of road works, delays, cameras and frequent accidents etc, but this time on the M25 clogging up St Albans and Potters Bar. Perhaps we should have an "average Government check".
You may also want to watch:
Potters Bar and St Albans Transport User Group.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested