SIR, — With regards to the repair of our roads, can someone explain to me the economies of using one contractor for the whole of the county. Monopolies never work, — ask any businessman. We have the worst road surfaces in the country, bar none. If you tra
SIR, - With regards to the repair of our roads, can someone explain to me the economies of using one contractor for the whole of the county. Monopolies never work, - ask any businessman.
We have the worst road surfaces in the country, bar none. If you travel around as I do, you will understand.
Other authorities, especially in the north-London area, resurface hundreds of yards of their roads at night - St Johns Wood to Swiss Cottage being one example while we in Herts have to put up with restrictions for weeks on end. The A414 is a prime example.
Surely it would be more economic to employ different contractors for different jobs with time restrictions included in their contract. That way maybe we would not have the current closures and restrictions.
You may also want to watch:
Minister Court, Frogmore.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire