SIR, — With regards to the repair of our roads, can someone explain to me the economies of using one contractor for the whole of the county. Monopolies never work, — ask any businessman. We have the worst road surfaces in the country, bar none. If you tra
SIR, - With regards to the repair of our roads, can someone explain to me the economies of using one contractor for the whole of the county. Monopolies never work, - ask any businessman.
We have the worst road surfaces in the country, bar none. If you travel around as I do, you will understand.
Other authorities, especially in the north-London area, resurface hundreds of yards of their roads at night - St Johns Wood to Swiss Cottage being one example while we in Herts have to put up with restrictions for weeks on end. The A414 is a prime example.
Surely it would be more economic to employ different contractors for different jobs with time restrictions included in their contract. That way maybe we would not have the current closures and restrictions.
You may also want to watch:
Minister Court, Frogmore.
- 1 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park