SIR, — With regards to the repair of our roads, can someone explain to me the economies of using one contractor for the whole of the county. Monopolies never work, — ask any businessman. We have the worst road surfaces in the country, bar none. If you tra
SIR, - With regards to the repair of our roads, can someone explain to me the economies of using one contractor for the whole of the county. Monopolies never work, - ask any businessman.
We have the worst road surfaces in the country, bar none. If you travel around as I do, you will understand.
Other authorities, especially in the north-London area, resurface hundreds of yards of their roads at night - St Johns Wood to Swiss Cottage being one example while we in Herts have to put up with restrictions for weeks on end. The A414 is a prime example.
Surely it would be more economic to employ different contractors for different jobs with time restrictions included in their contract. That way maybe we would not have the current closures and restrictions.
You may also want to watch:
Minister Court, Frogmore.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 7 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 8 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 9 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 10 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown