SIR, — Who in their right mind is selling land in the current market where the price is going down and where the buyer can drive a hard bargain? Who in their right mind continued to channel money into Icelandic banks in the late summer when it was underst
SIR, - Who in their right mind is selling land in the current market where the price is going down and where the buyer can drive a hard bargain?
Who in their right mind continued to channel money into Icelandic banks in the late summer when it was understood that these banks might have a problem?
Who in their right mind closes vital services and uses the money allegedly saved to employ more managers?
Herts County Council do. They have lost money in Icelandic banks. They have closed fire stations in Hertsmere and Dacorum. They ignore their own data that shows that response targets are not being met in two areas in Herts - funnily enough Hertsmere and Dacorum.
They are selling the fire station site in Radlett. Since the closures they have employed more managers.
Who in their right mind votes for these people? There are elections in May.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
Mornington Road, Radlett.