SIR, — Who in their right mind is selling land in the current market where the price is going down and where the buyer can drive a hard bargain? Who in their right mind continued to channel money into Icelandic banks in the late summer when it was underst
SIR, - Who in their right mind is selling land in the current market where the price is going down and where the buyer can drive a hard bargain?
Who in their right mind continued to channel money into Icelandic banks in the late summer when it was understood that these banks might have a problem?
Who in their right mind closes vital services and uses the money allegedly saved to employ more managers?
Herts County Council do. They have lost money in Icelandic banks. They have closed fire stations in Hertsmere and Dacorum. They ignore their own data that shows that response targets are not being met in two areas in Herts - funnily enough Hertsmere and Dacorum.
You may also want to watch:
They are selling the fire station site in Radlett. Since the closures they have employed more managers.
Who in their right mind votes for these people? There are elections in May.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 9 April 12: St Albans shops re-open
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Mornington Road, Radlett.