SIR, — Who in their right mind is selling land in the current market where the price is going down and where the buyer can drive a hard bargain? Who in their right mind continued to channel money into Icelandic banks in the late summer when it was underst
SIR, - Who in their right mind is selling land in the current market where the price is going down and where the buyer can drive a hard bargain?
Who in their right mind continued to channel money into Icelandic banks in the late summer when it was understood that these banks might have a problem?
Who in their right mind closes vital services and uses the money allegedly saved to employ more managers?
Herts County Council do. They have lost money in Icelandic banks. They have closed fire stations in Hertsmere and Dacorum. They ignore their own data that shows that response targets are not being met in two areas in Herts - funnily enough Hertsmere and Dacorum.
You may also want to watch:
They are selling the fire station site in Radlett. Since the closures they have employed more managers.
Who in their right mind votes for these people? There are elections in May.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Mornington Road, Radlett.