Mind the gap
SIR, — Re your story headlined Architects praise new St Pancras Station (Herts Advertiser, June 5). The renovation is outstanding but the connection between the Thameslink line and the underground is far worse than before. The Victoria Line especially wa
SIR, - Re your story headlined "Architects praise new St Pancras Station (Herts Advertiser, June 5). The renovation is outstanding but the connection between the Thameslink line and the underground is far worse than before. The Victoria Line especially was very convenient for the old Kings Cross Thameslink underground platforms.
Now we have to walk the entire length of the old St Pancras platforms to go between Thameslink and the Tube. Had it been an airport they would have installed travelators to help people with luggage. After all they do call themselves "St Pancras International".
These days I aim for the stopping trains to London and switch to the underground at Kentish Town. An improvement?
You may also want to watch:
Albert Street, St Albans.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area