Mind the gap
SIR, — Re your story headlined Architects praise new St Pancras Station (Herts Advertiser, June 5). The renovation is outstanding but the connection between the Thameslink line and the underground is far worse than before. The Victoria Line especially wa
SIR, - Re your story headlined "Architects praise new St Pancras Station (Herts Advertiser, June 5). The renovation is outstanding but the connection between the Thameslink line and the underground is far worse than before. The Victoria Line especially was very convenient for the old Kings Cross Thameslink underground platforms.
Now we have to walk the entire length of the old St Pancras platforms to go between Thameslink and the Tube. Had it been an airport they would have installed travelators to help people with luggage. After all they do call themselves "St Pancras International".
These days I aim for the stopping trains to London and switch to the underground at Kentish Town. An improvement?
You may also want to watch:
Albert Street, St Albans.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 10 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo