SIR - In a recent edition of the Herts Advertiser (June 4) you carried a letter that suggested to residents of Gurney Court Road that St Albans District Council had left them to the mercy of Orange. This is far from the case. At a meeting of Plans Central
SIR - In a recent edition of the Herts Advertiser (June 4) you carried a letter that suggested to residents of Gurney Court Road that St Albans District Council had left them to the mercy of Orange.
This is far from the case. At a meeting of Plans Central (April 6 ) the application for a mast in Guerney Court Road was refused by the committee contrary to the officers' recommendation to grant. The reasons for refusal were visual impact, intrusive nature and the failure of Orange to demonstrate that there were not more suitable alternative locations.
Orange now have the right to appeal the decision to the Government Inspectorate and we will defend the committee's democratic right to determine this application in the way they did. We may win the appeal or lose it but we have not abandoned the residents.
We have now put in place a policy that where STADC are landowners we can refuse mast applications.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately Herts County Council does not have such a policy in place when it comes to land they own. If they did they would be able to refuse telephone mast applications on such sites as Gurney Court Road as landowners.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
Lib Dem County Cllr for The Colneys