SIR - In a recent edition of the Herts Advertiser (June 4) you carried a letter that suggested to residents of Gurney Court Road that St Albans District Council had left them to the mercy of Orange. This is far from the case. At a meeting of Plans Central
SIR - In a recent edition of the Herts Advertiser (June 4) you carried a letter that suggested to residents of Gurney Court Road that St Albans District Council had left them to the mercy of Orange.
This is far from the case. At a meeting of Plans Central (April 6 ) the application for a mast in Guerney Court Road was refused by the committee contrary to the officers' recommendation to grant. The reasons for refusal were visual impact, intrusive nature and the failure of Orange to demonstrate that there were not more suitable alternative locations.
Orange now have the right to appeal the decision to the Government Inspectorate and we will defend the committee's democratic right to determine this application in the way they did. We may win the appeal or lose it but we have not abandoned the residents.
We have now put in place a policy that where STADC are landowners we can refuse mast applications.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately Herts County Council does not have such a policy in place when it comes to land they own. If they did they would be able to refuse telephone mast applications on such sites as Gurney Court Road as landowners.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 6 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 7 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 9 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Lib Dem County Cllr for The Colneys