SIR, — I refer to the letters from Susan Chait of Radlett, (Herts Advertiser, February 19) and B. Iles of Markyate (February 26), suggesting that St Albans market stalls cost �100. The market stalls, (10ft x 11ft), cost �47 on Saturdays and �37.50 on Wedn
SIR, - I refer to the letters from Susan Chait of Radlett, (Herts Advertiser, February 19) and B. Iles of Markyate (February 26), suggesting that St Albans market stalls cost �100. The market stalls, (10ft x 11ft), cost �47 on Saturdays and �37.50 on Wednesdays. Furthermore, the district council has already agreed not to increase these stall rental charges during the next financial year 2009/10. For this price, each trader is provided with:
n Sturdy steel stall containing a table with a canvas/vinyl top.
n Safe and secure environment with CCTV coverage and police patrols.
n Electric lights (during winter months).
You may also want to watch:
n Refuse and recycling collections throughout the day.
n Free parking.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 9 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
n The opportunity to trade in a city that is a desirable place to live and work.
Inquiries on obtaining a stall on the market should be emailed to: email@example.com or you can phone 01727 819 452 or write to:
The Markets Manager, Markets Office, St Albans District Council, St Peters Street, St Albans AL1 3JE.
Head of Environment and Regulatory Services, St Albans District Council.