SIR, — I refer to the letters from Susan Chait of Radlett, (Herts Advertiser, February 19) and B. Iles of Markyate (February 26), suggesting that St Albans market stalls cost �100. The market stalls, (10ft x 11ft), cost �47 on Saturdays and �37.50 on Wedn
SIR, - I refer to the letters from Susan Chait of Radlett, (Herts Advertiser, February 19) and B. Iles of Markyate (February 26), suggesting that St Albans market stalls cost �100. The market stalls, (10ft x 11ft), cost �47 on Saturdays and �37.50 on Wednesdays. Furthermore, the district council has already agreed not to increase these stall rental charges during the next financial year 2009/10. For this price, each trader is provided with:
n Sturdy steel stall containing a table with a canvas/vinyl top.
n Safe and secure environment with CCTV coverage and police patrols.
n Electric lights (during winter months).
You may also want to watch:
n Refuse and recycling collections throughout the day.
n Free parking.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
n The opportunity to trade in a city that is a desirable place to live and work.
Inquiries on obtaining a stall on the market should be emailed to: email@example.com or you can phone 01727 819 452 or write to:
The Markets Manager, Markets Office, St Albans District Council, St Peters Street, St Albans AL1 3JE.
Head of Environment and Regulatory Services, St Albans District Council.