SIR, — I refer to the letters from Susan Chait of Radlett, (Herts Advertiser, February 19) and B. Iles of Markyate (February 26), suggesting that St Albans market stalls cost �100. The market stalls, (10ft x 11ft), cost �47 on Saturdays and �37.50 on Wedn
SIR, - I refer to the letters from Susan Chait of Radlett, (Herts Advertiser, February 19) and B. Iles of Markyate (February 26), suggesting that St Albans market stalls cost �100. The market stalls, (10ft x 11ft), cost �47 on Saturdays and �37.50 on Wednesdays. Furthermore, the district council has already agreed not to increase these stall rental charges during the next financial year 2009/10. For this price, each trader is provided with:
n Sturdy steel stall containing a table with a canvas/vinyl top.
n Safe and secure environment with CCTV coverage and police patrols.
n Electric lights (during winter months).
You may also want to watch:
n Refuse and recycling collections throughout the day.
n Free parking.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind
n The opportunity to trade in a city that is a desirable place to live and work.
Inquiries on obtaining a stall on the market should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can phone 01727 819 452 or write to:
The Markets Manager, Markets Office, St Albans District Council, St Peters Street, St Albans AL1 3JE.
Head of Environment and Regulatory Services, St Albans District Council.