SIR — I am writing in response to the letter from Steve Preece (Herts Advertiser, May 8) regarding car-parking charges in St Albans. Let me tell you Steve, you are getting off lightly paying £4 for leaving your car all day at the station. It s a rip off a
SIR - I am writing in response to the letter from Steve Preece (Herts Advertiser, May 8) regarding car-parking charges in St Albans.
Let me tell you Steve, you are getting off lightly paying £4 for leaving your car all day at the station. It's a rip off at Harpenden Station - we have been paying £5.20 for a long time and no doubt that will be going up again, I suspect.
Also, the last Bank Holiday Monday the displayed charge of £1 was not honoured at any of the machines. So customers were further ripped off by having to pay £5.20 - what happened there then?
The car park in Harpenden used to be manned but no more as you can pay using your mobile but that is a more expensive option. We do not have tarmac - it's hardcore thrown down in extremely-narrow, marked bays. So maybe St Albans isn't so bad after all.
You may also want to watch:
Ranleigh Walk, Harpenden.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area