SIR — I am writing in response to the letter from Steve Preece (Herts Advertiser, May 8) regarding car-parking charges in St Albans. Let me tell you Steve, you are getting off lightly paying £4 for leaving your car all day at the station. It s a rip off a
SIR - I am writing in response to the letter from Steve Preece (Herts Advertiser, May 8) regarding car-parking charges in St Albans.
Let me tell you Steve, you are getting off lightly paying £4 for leaving your car all day at the station. It's a rip off at Harpenden Station - we have been paying £5.20 for a long time and no doubt that will be going up again, I suspect.
Also, the last Bank Holiday Monday the displayed charge of £1 was not honoured at any of the machines. So customers were further ripped off by having to pay £5.20 - what happened there then?
The car park in Harpenden used to be manned but no more as you can pay using your mobile but that is a more expensive option. We do not have tarmac - it's hardcore thrown down in extremely-narrow, marked bays. So maybe St Albans isn't so bad after all.
You may also want to watch:
Ranleigh Walk, Harpenden.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery