SIR — I am writing in response to the letter from Steve Preece (Herts Advertiser, May 8) regarding car-parking charges in St Albans. Let me tell you Steve, you are getting off lightly paying £4 for leaving your car all day at the station. It s a rip off a
SIR - I am writing in response to the letter from Steve Preece (Herts Advertiser, May 8) regarding car-parking charges in St Albans.
Let me tell you Steve, you are getting off lightly paying £4 for leaving your car all day at the station. It's a rip off at Harpenden Station - we have been paying £5.20 for a long time and no doubt that will be going up again, I suspect.
Also, the last Bank Holiday Monday the displayed charge of £1 was not honoured at any of the machines. So customers were further ripped off by having to pay £5.20 - what happened there then?
The car park in Harpenden used to be manned but no more as you can pay using your mobile but that is a more expensive option. We do not have tarmac - it's hardcore thrown down in extremely-narrow, marked bays. So maybe St Albans isn't so bad after all.
You may also want to watch:
Ranleigh Walk, Harpenden.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building