SIR, — Re the proposed Station Road north post office closure. I oppose most post office closures, but this one is long overdue. The Liberal Democrats must know this too, but they just keep banging on about lost causes — it s in their blood. Many Harpende
SIR, - Re the proposed Station Road north post office closure. I oppose most post office closures, but this one is long overdue. The Liberal Democrats must know this too, but they just keep banging on about lost causes - it's in their blood.
Many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post office. The main Harpenden post office is only a few hundred yards further up the road. One post office in the same road is enough, surely?
One observation. Isn't this the same Cllr Chris Brazier who refused to allow Harpenden Town Council to fly the "environment" flag on the Common. Has he taken leave of his senses yet again?
Let's get rid of this unmerited post office and concentrate on saving the significant and important ones. Another Liberal-Democrat lost cause bites the dust.
You may also want to watch:
Collens Road, Harpenden.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure