SIR, — Re the proposed Station Road north post office closure. I oppose most post office closures, but this one is long overdue. The Liberal Democrats must know this too, but they just keep banging on about lost causes — it s in their blood. Many Harpende
SIR, - Re the proposed Station Road north post office closure. I oppose most post office closures, but this one is long overdue. The Liberal Democrats must know this too, but they just keep banging on about lost causes - it's in their blood.
Many Harpenden and Batford locals do not even know of the existence of this obscure post office. The main Harpenden post office is only a few hundred yards further up the road. One post office in the same road is enough, surely?
One observation. Isn't this the same Cllr Chris Brazier who refused to allow Harpenden Town Council to fly the "environment" flag on the Common. Has he taken leave of his senses yet again?
Let's get rid of this unmerited post office and concentrate on saving the significant and important ones. Another Liberal-Democrat lost cause bites the dust.
You may also want to watch:
Collens Road, Harpenden.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area