SIR, — Can I please appeal to your readers in an attempt to track down a lost bear? The bear in question goes under the name Paddington, and like others of that breed is invariably dressed in a blue duffle-coat with a red hat. Like his three-and-a-half-ye
SIR, - Can I please appeal to your readers in an attempt to track down a lost bear? The bear in question goes under the name Paddington, and like others of that breed is invariably dressed in a blue duffle-coat with a red hat.
Like his three-and-a-half-year-old owner, he has a great love of bus travel and finally persuaded us to take the S1 bus from Marshalswick to its ultimate Mile House destination last Friday.
Unfortunately, such was our excitement at arriving at the end of the route, my son and I managed to leave the bus without Paddington himself. Realising our mistake we hurried back to the Hatfield Road and there intercepted three S3s in a row until we located our bus and driver.
Much was our distress, therefore, when we were told that a passenger had taken Paddington off the bus, apparently with the intention of informing the UNO bus company that he had been left behind.
You may also want to watch:
If you are that passenger, or if you encounter a Paddington bear even more bewildered than normal, we would be exceedingly happy if you could help to reunite him with his rather bereft young master.
IAN St JOHN,
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
The Ridgeway, St Albans.