SIR, — Can I please appeal to your readers in an attempt to track down a lost bear? The bear in question goes under the name Paddington, and like others of that breed is invariably dressed in a blue duffle-coat with a red hat. Like his three-and-a-half-ye
SIR, - Can I please appeal to your readers in an attempt to track down a lost bear? The bear in question goes under the name Paddington, and like others of that breed is invariably dressed in a blue duffle-coat with a red hat.
Like his three-and-a-half-year-old owner, he has a great love of bus travel and finally persuaded us to take the S1 bus from Marshalswick to its ultimate Mile House destination last Friday.
Unfortunately, such was our excitement at arriving at the end of the route, my son and I managed to leave the bus without Paddington himself. Realising our mistake we hurried back to the Hatfield Road and there intercepted three S3s in a row until we located our bus and driver.
Much was our distress, therefore, when we were told that a passenger had taken Paddington off the bus, apparently with the intention of informing the UNO bus company that he had been left behind.
You may also want to watch:
If you are that passenger, or if you encounter a Paddington bear even more bewildered than normal, we would be exceedingly happy if you could help to reunite him with his rather bereft young master.
IAN St JOHN,
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 6 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
The Ridgeway, St Albans.