SIR, — Can I please appeal to your readers in an attempt to track down a lost bear? The bear in question goes under the name Paddington, and like others of that breed is invariably dressed in a blue duffle-coat with a red hat. Like his three-and-a-half-ye
SIR, - Can I please appeal to your readers in an attempt to track down a lost bear? The bear in question goes under the name Paddington, and like others of that breed is invariably dressed in a blue duffle-coat with a red hat.
Like his three-and-a-half-year-old owner, he has a great love of bus travel and finally persuaded us to take the S1 bus from Marshalswick to its ultimate Mile House destination last Friday.
Unfortunately, such was our excitement at arriving at the end of the route, my son and I managed to leave the bus without Paddington himself. Realising our mistake we hurried back to the Hatfield Road and there intercepted three S3s in a row until we located our bus and driver.
Much was our distress, therefore, when we were told that a passenger had taken Paddington off the bus, apparently with the intention of informing the UNO bus company that he had been left behind.
If you are that passenger, or if you encounter a Paddington bear even more bewildered than normal, we would be exceedingly happy if you could help to reunite him with his rather bereft young master.
IAN St JOHN,
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 8 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 9 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 10 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
The Ridgeway, St Albans.