SIR, — For years I have always praised the No 9 bus service in St Albans until last Wednesday, June 4, when I waited at the number five bus stop in St Peter s Street for almost three hours. I didn t get the alternative bus as my husband meets me when I ar
SIR, - For years I have always praised the No 9 bus service in St Albans until last Wednesday, June 4, when I waited at the number five bus stop in St Peter's Street for almost three hours. I didn't get the alternative bus as my husband meets me when I arrive.
Three services were cut - the 12.25pm, 1.25pm and 2.25pm. I had no choice but to get the 321 bus as I couldn't take the chance in case the 3.25pm never came. I got home after 3pm.
I understand it was market day and expect the bus to run late or the service to be cut, but to take out three is absolutely ridiculous. I found it very hard walking as I have had three knee replacements and after waiting three hours I was rather frustrated and tired. I certainly hope this won't happen again.
You may also want to watch:
Westfields, St Albans.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 7 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 8 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends