SIR, — For years I have always praised the No 9 bus service in St Albans until last Wednesday, June 4, when I waited at the number five bus stop in St Peter s Street for almost three hours. I didn t get the alternative bus as my husband meets me when I ar
SIR, - For years I have always praised the No 9 bus service in St Albans until last Wednesday, June 4, when I waited at the number five bus stop in St Peter's Street for almost three hours. I didn't get the alternative bus as my husband meets me when I arrive.
Three services were cut - the 12.25pm, 1.25pm and 2.25pm. I had no choice but to get the 321 bus as I couldn't take the chance in case the 3.25pm never came. I got home after 3pm.
I understand it was market day and expect the bus to run late or the service to be cut, but to take out three is absolutely ridiculous. I found it very hard walking as I have had three knee replacements and after waiting three hours I was rather frustrated and tired. I certainly hope this won't happen again.
You may also want to watch:
Westfields, St Albans.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery