SIR, — For years I have always praised the No 9 bus service in St Albans until last Wednesday, June 4, when I waited at the number five bus stop in St Peter s Street for almost three hours. I didn t get the alternative bus as my husband meets me when I ar
SIR, - For years I have always praised the No 9 bus service in St Albans until last Wednesday, June 4, when I waited at the number five bus stop in St Peter's Street for almost three hours. I didn't get the alternative bus as my husband meets me when I arrive.
Three services were cut - the 12.25pm, 1.25pm and 2.25pm. I had no choice but to get the 321 bus as I couldn't take the chance in case the 3.25pm never came. I got home after 3pm.
I understand it was market day and expect the bus to run late or the service to be cut, but to take out three is absolutely ridiculous. I found it very hard walking as I have had three knee replacements and after waiting three hours I was rather frustrated and tired. I certainly hope this won't happen again.
You may also want to watch:
Westfields, St Albans.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area