SIR – On reading the letter from Daniel Allison regarding litter (Herts Advertiser, July 30), it occurred to me that I could go one better on this subject. I was walking my two dogs along the wooded area at the back of where I live, when I noticed a large
SIR - On reading the letter from Daniel Allison regarding litter (Herts Advertiser, July 30), it occurred to me that I could go one better on this subject.
I was walking my two dogs along the wooded area at the back of where I live, when I noticed a large empty whiskey bottle which had been thrown into the brambles. As I went to retrieve it I became aware, to my horror, of a similar one which had been smashed to pieces, its glass strewn all over the footpath. I hadn't noticed this at first because of the transparency of the glass, but now I observed huge, jagged chunks lying all around.
I quickly picked up the dogs and took them straight home (much to their surprise). I then got together the necessary implements to hurry back and clear it all up before some other poor unsuspecting dog had his paws cut to ribbons, if that hadn't already happened.
Certainly, I think that these waste-of-space individuals who cause so much strife to our society should be fined heavily, and that goes for fly tipping as well.
You may also want to watch:
How often have I seen this along some of our lovely country lanes? But the problem, of course, is catching these unethical people.
I'd have no compunction anyway about reporting them if I knew who they were. It's so unfair on those of us who try our best to conform for the benefit of our fellow beings. If 'I', why not 'they' you have to ask.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations