SIR — Well, the schools are back in operation after the summer hols! Yippee!! The streets around our neighbourhood have been very quiet of late, probably due to families escaping the horrors of this ghastly, cold, wet summer we have had and flying off to
SIR - Well, the schools are back in operation after the summer hols! Yippee!!
The streets around our neighbourhood have been very quiet of late, probably due to families escaping the horrors of this ghastly, cold, wet summer we have had and flying off to warmer climes.
I can tell that the schools have re-opened because suddenly, effective Tuesday, September 2, Hatfield Road and the entrance to Wynches Farm Drive and Longacres, St Albans, are once again strewn with litter. It has been relatively nice to walk these routes and collect only a couple of bags of cans, chip wrappers, crisp packets, McDonald's drinks cartons etc per week (dropped, presumably by uncaring louts). Now, I suppose that we will be back to collecting at least one bag a day from the entrance to Wynches Farm Drive alone.
Please, please heads of schools, tell your charges that I am fed up to the back teeth with picking up their rubbish and that if they ever wish to grow up into responsible members of our society they need to develop a sense of respect for the community.
You may also want to watch:
Further, wouldn't it be nice if the powers that be put more litter bins along Hatfield Road - but I suppose they will not do this for the simple reason that the average litter lout would rather dump his/her rubbish on the path next to said receptacle
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Wynches Farm Drive, St Albans.