Lisa limbers up for London 10K run
GYM bunny Lisa Bates is extending her activities to the open road and confesses she is nervous at the prospect of her first road race.
Lisa, 38, general manager of the St Albans Chamber of Commerce, is running in the London 10K on May 31.
The mother of two said: “I consider myself fit. I am always working out at the gym doing circuit training and spinning classes but I decided I needed to give myself a different type of challenge.
“But I must admit I find it gruelling. I don’t know how people run without using an iPod. It’s so boring. The beautiful scenery around London should help. I will also just have to keep thinking about raising the money for a good cause.”
That cause is the St Albans-based charity the National Association for Colitis and Crohn’s Disease (NACC) for which she has already raised �1,000 but is hoping to reach �1,500.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa moved to live in Marshalswick in 1997 and has been a member of the Nuffield Health Club (formerly Cannon’s) since her arrival. Her two children Alfie, 14, and Mary, 11, will be at the London 10K to cheer her on.
Anyone who wants to sponsor her can do so online at http://www.justgiving.com/Lisa Bates2010
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident