SIR, — Re you story headlined Man jailed for stabbing love rival (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I think John Cook should have served at least 10 years for what should have been an attempted murder charge and admitting to wanting to kill Tim Churchill. Th
SIR, - Re you story headlined "Man jailed for stabbing love rival (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I think John Cook should have served at least 10 years for what should have been an attempted murder charge and admitting to wanting to kill Tim Churchill.
The judge is sending out a message to all that knife crime is not serious, which is not the view of those who have lost loved ones in knife crimes in the past year amounting to 28 deaths.
Even though Tim Churchill was lucky to survive this dreadful incident, it is going to take him many months to make a full recovery and get back to a normal way of life.
In my opinion John Cook got away with this crime very lightly and I am disgusted at the judge's actions.
You may also want to watch:
Wallingford Walk, St Albans.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward