SIR, — Re you story headlined Man jailed for stabbing love rival (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I think John Cook should have served at least 10 years for what should have been an attempted murder charge and admitting to wanting to kill Tim Churchill. Th
SIR, - Re you story headlined "Man jailed for stabbing love rival (Herts Advertiser, January 3), I think John Cook should have served at least 10 years for what should have been an attempted murder charge and admitting to wanting to kill Tim Churchill.
The judge is sending out a message to all that knife crime is not serious, which is not the view of those who have lost loved ones in knife crimes in the past year amounting to 28 deaths.
Even though Tim Churchill was lucky to survive this dreadful incident, it is going to take him many months to make a full recovery and get back to a normal way of life.
In my opinion John Cook got away with this crime very lightly and I am disgusted at the judge's actions.
You may also want to watch:
Wallingford Walk, St Albans.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award