SIR – I am the author of the letter in your newspaper of November 5 which Tony Harris objects to in your November 26 edition. I have been impelled to write again not only due to Mr Harris very obvious total ignorance of the Koran and the hadiths (sayings
SIR - I am the author of the letter in your newspaper of November 5 which Tony Harris objects to in your November 26 edition.
I have been impelled to write again not only due to Mr Harris' very obvious total ignorance of the Koran and the hadiths (sayings) of the Prophet Muhammad but also because of his attack on my reluctance in allowing my name and address being given.
As far as the first reason is concerned, I doubt if Mr Harris has ever lived and worked in ANY Muslim country or tried to practice any religion in it other than Islam. Over a 20-year period I lived and worked in 10 Islamic countries and was twice in a Muslim jail for even talking about my Christian beliefs.
Some other FACTS about Islam. No Islamic state has signed up to all the articles contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948 which deals with religious freedom, freedom from slavery, the rights of women (very few under sharia law), free will, etc..
You may also want to watch:
Non-Muslims, gays and those with no faiths are constantly attacked as are the very few churches which are regularly burned. Global jihad (Holy War) is acknowledged by many distinguished Muslim teachers as the duty of all true believers.
Indeed Abul A' la Mawdud (1903-79), one of the fathers of modern Islamism, stated that: "We aim to establish Allah's religion in its entirety in every soul and upon every inch of this earth, in every home, institution and society. The aim of Islam is to bring about a world revolution."
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
I would point out that disliking and highlighting the perils associated with Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with racism but everything to do with religionism. It is a great pity that so many people confuse the two.
Finally, the very good reason that I am forced to hide my name and address is that in a voluntary capacity I support and help protect as much as I can a number of Muslim apostates who seek to leave Islam either for a much kinder faith like Christianity or for no faith at all, such is their dislike of the faith in which they were brought up.
If Mr Harris knew the first thing about Islam or sharia law he would know the dire penalties imposed on anyone under a fatwa, as I have been. I do hope that you will publish this letter since people as ignorant of the subject as Mr Harris should not be allowed to obscure the truth.
NAME & ADDRESS